COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yes in the medium an long term. Herd immunity will probably be with us in 3 months.

In the immediate term as well. The higher the number of asymptomatic and mild cases the better.

It means the death rate is much lower than expected and it means many fewer people will never burden the NHS with this.

In Scotland, a total of 126 patients have died after testing positive for coronavirus - up by 50 from 76 on Wednesday

From the Department of Health and Social Care:

As of 9am 2 April, a total of 163,194 people have been tested of which 33,718 tested positive.

As of 5pm on 1 April, of those hospitalised in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus, 2,921 have sadly died.

10,657 tests were carried out yesterday in England.

Testing capacity for inpatient care in England currently stands at 12,799 tests per day.

I believe your last paragraph is the one that highlights why it isn’t possible.
Every time I go to the shop I feel like I’m putting my life at risk.
We are now shopping once a fortnight for the essentials, vegetables, fruit and wine.
Other than that we are keeping ourselves away from others and keeping our fingers crossed.
I’m going tomorrow shopping but have the added problem of having to my family and my elderly parents, as they are limiting say 3 milk I need 5, so that means I might have to go twice, not ideal but I’m nit risking anyone else going out.

COVID-19 testing machines that can make a diagnosis in less than 90 minutes are to be rolled out across the UK.

Ten of the portable machines, called Samba II, are already being used to diagnose coronavirus patients at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge as of this week.

Developed by a University of Cambridge spin-off company called Diagnostics for the Real World, researchers said their COVID-19 tests had been validated by Public Health England (PHE) - and that they were expected to be launched in hospitals across the country

Researchers said the Samba II - originally developed for early HIV diagnosis - is "extremely sensitive" at detecting active infections, with 98.7% of people correctly identified as having COVID-19

Nasal and throat swabs from patients are loaded into the machines which look for tiny traces of genetic material belonging to the coronavirus.

The machines will be used to test NHS staff and members of the public suspected of having COVID-19

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...-accuracy-to-be-rolled-out-across-uk-11967401

The machines doesn't use reagents either. Which as there really is a shortage, is good news.

I’m going tomorrow shopping but have the added problem of having to my family and my elderly parents, as they are limiting say 3 milk I need 5, so that means I might have to go twice, not ideal but I’m nit risking anyone else going out.
Most supermarkets have relaxed buying restrictions now. I was in Tesco on Huddersfield road on Monday and the only shelves which were empty were toilet rolls

In the immediate term as well. The higher the number of asymptomatic and mild cases the better.

It means the death rate is much lower than expected and it means many fewer people will never burden the NHS with this.

The Guardian report that NHS 111 has had 1.5 million calls & online contacts of people who have been assessed as having Covid-19 symptoms. As many people won't have bothered contacting them the reality is that several million people might have it or have recovered from it. Hopefully with the expected reduction in new cases combined with better preparations we can start to get on top of it.

Go to a local shop as well as the supermarket so you don't have to go out twice,milkman are making a comeback so see if there are any in your area

Some shops, such as Aldi, have lifted the restrictions on numbers as they have caught up with the backlog of stock.
Things like that we sorted with our milk man, who also delivers eggs and orange juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.