COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by urban genie, 25 Jan 2020.

1. goatersnipple

goatersnipple

Team supported:
    Don't be daft
    I normally call for a beer about 3 or 4 times a week.
    I really fancied one tonight.
    But thought it would be stupid to go.
    I'm having a beer at home now.
    With the missile.
    Which I never do.

Fuck me I've only had one and feel like putting my head in the log burner.
    I forgot how much shite she talks .

2. Marvin

Marvin

That and religious ceremonies. I read that some SE Asian's entire caseload have largely been put down to religious ceremonies. Christian, or Moslem.

My Dad is in his 80's. My Mum in her 70s. My Mum is blind in one eye, and is on oxygen. I usually visit them at the weekend. I am isolating of course like everyone else but for the first time in ages I don't think I can visit them at the weekend. My brother and his wife have had a little boy at the weekend but we have yet to see them because of the virus. At least there will be that joy to come.

3. squirtyflower

squirtyflower

Get some small earplugs

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Nightmare Walking

Nightmare Walking

I have just nipped up to Tesco in Failsworth. People in the Mare & Foal, Millgate and the Windmill.

Now I blame the government for this, they should have forced the pubs to shut. The locals in Failsworth and Newton Heath are the not smartest amongst us and they will keep on going out until one of their family members dies.

Advising people not to go the pub but then not forcing them to shut is absolutely unbelievable.

RyanP3609 and ballinio like this.
  5. EastStandLower

EastStandLower

Yes, I used to pop in 2-3 times a week on the way home and thought they were mostly decent people.
    My opinion has changed they're just fucking morons!
    I'll sit here with a can of draught Guinness, not the same I know but it won't be forever!

6. bluemonkey71

bluemonkey71

Missile! Haha

Sounds like a scene from the Royle family

sir baconface likes this.
  7. hilts

hilts

Spoke to 3 lads today at work asked them what they thought about self isolating all would come into work

Gotta make ends meat
    I don’t have any health issues
    The boss would give me shit

8. AlgarveBlu

AlgarveBlu

forgot they were covering up the first infection/deaths in the early weeks; hope the death toll wasn’t too much more..

9. Rammy Blue

Rammy Blue

Quick question then mate.

I decided to meet my business partner for a couple of beers this afternoon, we chose a quiet place with barely anyone in, washed our hands on entering etc, and then sat a couple of metres apart whilst we drank and talked shop.

My argument/reasoning, is that I have a missus and daughter both still at a school, a son at Uni who is coming home due to the closure on Thursday, so what’s the fucking point of me trying my best to self isolate if I’ve got a far larger chance of infection walking through the door due to the other 3 members of my family being far more exposed.

Once school is shut and family all home then damned right I’ll stay at home and do my best to isolate my family.

Thoughts?

10. Marvin

Marvin

from the BBC regarding Italy.

Italy death toll jumps, but rate of infections slows

The latest figures from Italy, Europe's worst-hit country, report a further 345 deaths in the past 24 hours. It's an increase of 16%.
    The virus has now killed 2,503 people there - 2,060 people are in intensive care, from among a total of 31,506 cases, up from 27,980. However, this was the slowest rate of increase since Italy identified the presence of the virus.

Once the isolation measures come into force it will turn around. It has to.