COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best estimates for a vaccine coming into mass production is 12-18 months - and 12 months is optimistic - so the method suggested in that paper would still happen well into 2021.
Well I live in the camp of belief that we will have a working vaccine, or at least a medicine to lessen the effects, available within 6 months.

Horizon tomorrow night on BBC2 9PM will show how a year's work at a lab in London/Oxford has somehow managed to develop something in three weeks which would normally take a year to reach that stage.

The virus was eradicated overnight in mice and the next testing is on Monkeys during the next two weeks.

I would never sell our clever fuckers out there short.
None of which contradicts the 12-18 month scenario.
It takes a year to test fully from animals to humans.

Horizon tomorrow night on BBC2 9PM will show how a year's work at a lab in London/Oxford has somehow managed to develop something in three weeks which would normally take a year to reach that stage.

The virus was eradicated overnight in mice and the next testing is on Monkeys during the next two weeks.

Also Bill Gates is going to manufacture all the most promising vaccine candidates before they are approved which should save months. Normally a vaccine is given the OK and then it takes 3-6 months to ramp up production to be able to send it out.

Gates is going to manufacture them all now, then destroy the ones which fail the approval procedure.

That should shave some months off the 12-18 prediciton.

Horizon tomorrow night on BBC2 9PM will show how a lab in London/Oxford has somehow managed to develop something in three weeks which would normally take a year to reach that stage.

It's never making the vaccine that causes the delay. It's the testing to make sure it is safe that takes the time.

THe death rate is everyone who has died, not just everyone at hospitals, but the people who die out of hospitals are being collected and added every tuesday. So today is the least accurate the numbers will get, tomorrow it will be completely accurate.
Although it will only be accurate in the sense of saying how many people died with COVID-19 and not necessarily of it.

How much different would this all look like if it were akin to a solitary nuclear weapon being exploded somewhere, outside of the immediate loss of life?

Would similar measures have been enacted?

Just got me thinking.

Yes I remember this being a big discussion a few years ago about a terrorist detonating a dirty bomb.

What this pandemic has shown is you dont really need armies, weapons etcetera. Selective countries and the whole world could be destroyed by a biological weapon, or a few people infected with a virus sent out to travel and spread it.

Also Bill Gates is going to manufacture all the most promising vaccine candidates before they are approved which should save months. Normally a vaccine is given the OK and then it takes 3-6 months to ramp up production to be able to send it out.

Gates is going to manufacture them all now, then destroy the ones which fail the approval procedure.

That should shave some months off the 12-18 prediciton.

Got a link for that? That's amazing news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.