Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Another point.

How many PL players are locked down on their home countries rather than the UK?

Bez reckons football could be returning in early June.

Sources? - the same bullshitting ****s that told us it was restarting on the 3rd of April, then beginning of May. They are just kicking the can down the road.

Any talk of football restarting within the next few months is completely moronic. Even once the peak has been reached which quite possibly may be in the next week or so if we’re fortunate, there’s going to be a very lengthy plateau following it. the virus doesn’t just disappear, strict social distancing will remain in place for months afterwards meaning sports are a no go and dead last on the list of things to return to anything resembling normality. There’s the severe safety concerns for players/staff even without crowds and then on top of that there’s the social responsibility aspect of it. who’s going to obey social distancing advice after the lockdown is partially loosened to prevent an equally devastating second wave when they see footballers are in physical contact with at least two dozen other people several times a week that they don’t live with?

Then they’ll have to deal with the issue of players actually having a mind of their own. (some of them anyway) many will be fearful, they’ll have families they’ll want to protect and you can bet they’ll be at least some objecting to playing whilst any kind of social distancing is in effect. Players will stick together, as soon as you get 1/2 players refusing to play and put themselves at risk you they’ll back each other and you lose all legitimacy in the season anyway.

Let’s say they ignore all that and somehow decide they want to get the season done whilst we’re still in lockdown and remarkably it’s allowed and agreed and then god forbid a player catches it, dies from it and the infection can be directly linked to playing these games, how can football ever survive the absolute shitstorm that will create? Every single person who made that decision will have blood on their hands and it won’t be something they can wipe off. Football is finished for a long long time and the likes of the Sun really need to be telling their journalists to come up with better stuff than guess the date stories with as much foundation to it as me pointing at a calendar with my eyes closed.

Any talk of football restarting within the next few months is completely moronic. Even once the peak has been reached which quite possibly may be in the next week or so if we’re fortunate, there’s going to be a very lengthy plateau following it. the virus doesn’t just disappear, strict social distancing will remain in place for months afterwards meaning sports are a no go and dead last on the list of things to return to anything resembling normality. There’s the severe safety concerns for players/staff even without crowds and then on top of that there’s the social responsibility aspect of it. who’s going to obey social distancing advice after the lockdown is partially loosened to prevent an equally devastating second wave when they see footballers are in physical contact with at least two dozen other people several times a week that they don’t live with?

Then they’ll have to deal with the issue of players actually having a mind of their own. (some of them anyway) many will be fearful, they’ll have families they’ll want to protect and you can bet they’ll be at least some objecting to playing whilst any kind of social distancing is in effect. Players will stick together, as soon as you get 1/2 players refusing to play and put themselves at risk you they’ll back each other and you lose all legitimacy in the season anyway.

Let’s say they ignore all that and somehow decide they want to get the season done whilst we’re still in lockdown and remarkably it’s allowed and agreed and then god forbid a player catches it, dies from it and the infection can be directly linked to playing these games, how can football ever survive the absolute shitstorm that will create? Every single person who made that decision will have blood on their hands and it won’t be something they can wipe off. Football is finished for a long long time and the likes of the Sun really need to be telling their journalists to come up with better stuff than guess the date stories with as much foundation to it as me pointing at a calendar with my eyes closed.
Gave you a like for typing so much in the middle of the night ;)

I'm joking I do agree fully with what you're saying.

The Premier League has no plans to request special permission from the government for players to return to training if the national lockdown is extended into next month.
@TimesSport
So that means players who are in their own country with their family can’t come back?
Meaning teams will be without players. Madness

Ah yes professor Ogden, a PhD in bullshit and an OBE for being a gobshite.
Who do these ****s think they are coming out with this like they're running a hospital or head of medical science?
This twerp needs to get his Phil Jones onesie on and get an early night.
It is a typical poorly written piece by Ogden who has never graduated from fanzine level. It seems he is saying that the season re- starts on 6 June with the intention of finishing it. But I am not entirely sure what he is saying and the proposals for getting in nearly a quarter od a season in a very short time plus the cup matches for those still in them.
He ignores the medical side conveniently and thankfully as he knows sweet FA about that. But he like most others does not address when the next season would start if medically possible. It would have immediate time pressures to get in league, cup and international matches with injuries and all the other problems caused by overplaying which were supposed to be so important just a couple of months ago with the winter break

So many reasons for forgetting this season. But i wonder if at the back of this there is some sort of plan to enable Liverpool to ger over the line mathematically and the for the PTB to say they had changed their minds about finishing the whole season and cancelling remaining matches. There has been so much dishonesty nicely recently wrapped up and delivered by non-investigative journalists.

Are the dippers champions yet?
i7nMMZs.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.