Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The French president Mr Macron is set shortly to extend the coronavirus lockdown still further. This would put the French Grand Prix in very serious danger of being cancelled. This grand Prix is due to be held on June 28th. That puts it nearly 12 weeks away. However the bosses that run football in this country, are still willing to risk the lives of the players in this country. The governing body that runs the PFA should get of it's collective backside and say that they are not going to risk any one player/s lives while this virus is still active. That if they do not call this season null and void we will have a vote whether to strike. This strike will happen should you say that the season will re-start even if the coronavirus is still claiming hundreds of lives a day.

The players need to take a stand for the good of the game. The players that hold the most sway will be those in the PREMIER LEAGUE. These players should be the first ones to say that we are nor risking the lives of either our team mates, family or ourselves. We will only come back when and if it is totally safe to do so. All it needs is one player to fall seriously ill from this virus, because the FA and the PREMIER LEAGUE have said so. Then I hope with the backing of both the players club and their respective team mates and the whole of the football family. That they sue the collective pants of those bosses that are now running football.

The French president Mr Macron is set shortly to extend the coronavirus lockdown still further. This would put the French Grand Prix in very serious danger of being cancelled. This grand Prix is due to be held on June 28th. That puts it nearly 12 weeks away. However the bosses that run football in this country, are still willing to risk the lives of the players in this country. The governing body that runs the PFA should get of it's collective backside and say that they are not going to risk any one player/s lives while this virus is still active. That if they do not call this season null and void we will have a vote whether to strike. This strike will happen should you say that the season will re-start even if the coronavirus is still claiming hundreds of lives a day.

The players need to take a stand for the good of the game. The players that hold the most sway will be those in the PREMIER LEAGUE. These players should be the first ones to say that we are nor risking the lives of either our team mates, family or ourselves. We will only come back when and if it is totally safe to do so. All it needs is one player to fall seriously ill from this virus, because the FA and the PREMIER LEAGUE have said so. Then I hope with the backing of both the players club and their respective team mates and the whole of the football family. That they sue the collective pants of those bosses that are now running football.
Quite right but I won’t hold my breath , the majority of players have stayed stum on the question of wage cuts & left it to the PFA who are are still in talks ....they’ve not got the bollocks to stand up weeks ago say this is what we’re going to do , so the chances of them refusing to play and suing the bosses is next to nil, they’ll do exactly as their told as usual .

The elephant in the room, as everyone knows, is the little matter of £750,000,000 having potentially to be reimbursed. My own feeling is that the season should be cancelled, the dippers should be declared de facto champions (I'd like that, actually, there'll always be an asterisk next to it), and the reimbursement should be negotiated to take place over several seasons.

Tour de France to be postponed according to the bbc as the french government extends the ban on mass gatherings until mid July french Grand Prix cancelled as well which was due to take place around 28th June .

Any talk of football restarting within the next few months is completely moronic. Even once the peak has been reached which quite possibly may be in the next week or so if we’re fortunate, there’s going to be a very lengthy plateau following it. the virus doesn’t just disappear, strict social distancing will remain in place for months afterwards meaning sports are a no go and dead last on the list of things to return to anything resembling normality. There’s the severe safety concerns for players/staff even without crowds and then on top of that there’s the social responsibility aspect of it. who’s going to obey social distancing advice after the lockdown is partially loosened to prevent an equally devastating second wave when they see footballers are in physical contact with at least two dozen other people several times a week that they don’t live with?

Then they’ll have to deal with the issue of players actually having a mind of their own. (some of them anyway) many will be fearful, they’ll have families they’ll want to protect and you can bet they’ll be at least some objecting to playing whilst any kind of social distancing is in effect. Players will stick together, as soon as you get 1/2 players refusing to play and put themselves at risk you they’ll back each other and you lose all legitimacy in the season anyway.

Let’s say they ignore all that and somehow decide they want to get the season done whilst we’re still in lockdown and remarkably it’s allowed and agreed and then god forbid a player catches it, dies from it and the infection can be directly linked to playing these games, how can football ever survive the absolute shitstorm that will create? Every single person who made that decision will have blood on their hands and it won’t be something they can wipe off. Football is finished for a long long time and the likes of the Sun really need to be telling their journalists to come up with better stuff than guess the date stories with as much foundation to it as me pointing at a calendar with my eyes closed.
Great post pal. They just won't let it go will they?

Any talk of football restarting within the next few months is completely moronic. Even once the peak has been reached which quite possibly may be in the next week or so if we’re fortunate, there’s going to be a very lengthy plateau following it. the virus doesn’t just disappear, strict social distancing will remain in place for months afterwards meaning sports are a no go and dead last on the list of things to return to anything resembling normality. There’s the severe safety concerns for players/staff even without crowds and then on top of that there’s the social responsibility aspect of it. who’s going to obey social distancing advice after the lockdown is partially loosened to prevent an equally devastating second wave when they see footballers are in physical contact with at least two dozen other people several times a week that they don’t live with?

Then they’ll have to deal with the issue of players actually having a mind of their own. (some of them anyway) many will be fearful, they’ll have families they’ll want to protect and you can bet they’ll be at least some objecting to playing whilst any kind of social distancing is in effect. Players will stick together, as soon as you get 1/2 players refusing to play and put themselves at risk you they’ll back each other and you lose all legitimacy in the season anyway.

Let’s say they ignore all that and somehow decide they want to get the season done whilst we’re still in lockdown and remarkably it’s allowed and agreed and then god forbid a player catches it, dies from it and the infection can be directly linked to playing these games, how can football ever survive the absolute shitstorm that will create? Every single person who made that decision will have blood on their hands and it won’t be something they can wipe off. Football is finished for a long long time and the likes of the Sun really need to be telling their journalists to come up with better stuff than guess the date stories with as much foundation to it as me pointing at a calendar with my eyes closed.
The problem is,the ones pushing for completion are interested in one major thing MONEY they couldn’t give to fucks if 10 million died in the uk from this they are desperate for the money nothing else ..

So the fallout of the football not finishing this season is 1 billion that includes European money so that’s around 50m a team the thing with that though is no football and no fans with gate money plus the wages clubs have to layout every month! Probably around 25/30m a month!

Clubs are going to go under in the whole football pyramid so a real revamp of the whole football pyramid needs to be really thought about by the whole football Organisations! I can’t see football this year so something needs to change.

This is all about two things, money and LiVARpool. Nobody apart from their fans gives a stuff about whether Coventry might be promoted or if Tranmere survive the drop or if Barrow will return to the football league. This is all about money and getting the dippers their first Premier league title. The football world should wake up and smell the coffee as the game isn't about to restart anytime soon. If anything they should be more concerned about the 2020/21 season not starting in August than finishing this one. It's unfortunate for all those teams on the cusp of promotion and fortunate for those in the drop zones but what we have currently happening around the globe is far more important than football.

The elephant in the room, as everyone knows, is the little matter of £750,000,000 having potentially to be reimbursed. My own feeling is that the season should be cancelled, the dippers should be declared de facto champions (I'd like that, actually, there'll always be an asterisk next to it), and the reimbursement should be negotiated to take place over several seasons.

What is the £750m ?

The big issues as i see it are - Promotion / relegation and then to a lesser extent the title. It seems pretty obvious to me that the answer is that you scrap all the promotion / relegation and just start again in August with the same make up of the leagues. You give the title to Liverpool and they have an * next to it. They also miss out on the chance to claim records although they may well have one for points per game but then agaion with an *.

I just don't see what the point of finishing the fixtures. For promotion / relegation you would have to do it right down through the leagues and what is the point of all of those games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.