How are you handling the boredom?

Work has been busy for me despite working from home so not really seen any change there which is good actually as by Easter Monday after I had been off for 5 days I was getting a bit bored.

Spent that weekend doing a lot of work in the garden. Filled a skip with soil and junk from the garage.

I’m not one for box sets etc but been watching programmes that chill me out like place in the sun etc. Couple of fit women present that so that’s nice! Gives me hope for my next holiday too!

Walking the dog and entertaining my 9 year old too.

Best thing has been getting out of bed an hour later.
An hour!
Good god man make an effort!
10 am here.

First of all, how are you all doing? It's been a while. I hope you and your loved ones are keeping safe and healthy and I hope we all get through this unscathed.

I'm not sure if there is a thread for this already.

I know not everyone is sat at home bored out of their skulls, so how are you all spending your time indoors?

Personally, I've been working from home, so my day to day, until about 5pm, hasn't really changed a whole lot, besides having an extra hour or so in the day now that I don't have to commute to the office.

My only real inconvenience is the fact that I live in a flat with a tiny balcony. I have just about managed to fit an exercise bike in it and there's just enough space leftover for me to get on and off it. I envy anyone with a garden.

I've set myself a challenge to learn Korean. It seemed utterly daunting at first, but I got my head around the alphabet, currently learning about how sentences are structured etc.

I'm doing what I can to keep my mind occupied for as long as I can. The easiest thing to do would be to sit and watch Netflix for 7 hours every evening.

How are you filling the time? How long are your daily walks or runs? My neighbour goes running for more than 2 hours. I keep my walks to under 30 minutes.

I'm especially wondering about the people who aren't currently working, for whatever reason.
I live alone so you’d think I’d have got lonely but I’ve not. By having a routine I’ve found that I am not bored at all and my time is filled easily.

My alarm is turned off and my phone in the living room while I sleep so I’m getting a proper sleep and tend to wake up between 07:45 and 08:45 every day.

I wake up naturally, get up to do an exercise session, shower and do a couple of hours of work (some days I’ve actually not had to do any work).

When it’s been nice I do a couple of hours sunbathing. If not just do a bit of reading on the internet.

Prepare and eat my one meal for the day (I’m doing intermittent fasting because I don’t need nearly as much food as usual while I’m just staying at home) at around 15:00. Get the pots done, have a little clean of the flat where it needs it and get the 17:00 briefing on.

18:00 is Richard Osman’s House Of Games, never miss it!

A couple of hours listening to music, updating playlists, posting on my music WhatsApp group.

Then a few hours of documentaries and films before bed at around midnight.

I’ve not been bored for one day of the month I’ve been off work.

I also live in a flat, first floor, no balcony though. But I have a large communal garden and I get my deck chair out and sit at my front door on the ground floor (that nobody else has access to therefore no need to worry about social distancing). I don’t think some of the neighbours are enamoured with a nearly naked bloke in the garden sunbathing (nobody else from the other 7 flats ever come out and sunbathe). But sod it, I’m getting some Vitamin D!

My exercise sessions are cycling or walking outdoors on the roads. I’d found a quiet route for both. About a 5 mile cycle and a 3 mile walk. However, I haven’t been out on either of those this week after seeing too many people out last week with far too much social distancing ignorance going on.

I bought a skipping rope so have a skip session in the car park to the flats (it’s large and fairly unused so no problem with social distancing).

And also do body weight sessions in the living room. I’ve found back exercises the most difficult to because they’re the ones you need something heavy to pull but worked out some things to do (I used to be a PT so just used my noggin to replicate the movement needed).

I’m batch cooking some proper hearty healthy meals too, it’s a highlight of the week when’s I get to do that!

FaceTime my Mam+Dad every other day and on the other days FaceTime my Sister and her three kids.

Ive done a few album listening parties with my mates from my music chat too. They’re always good!

Also been messaging and ringing an old workmate who I always got on with when she worked with me and we’ve said we’re going to go for a drink when this is all over, so something to look forward to every few days when I speak to her and also for when this is all over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live alone so you’d think I’d have got lonely but I’ve not. By having a routine I’ve found that I am not bored at all and my time is filled easily.

My alarm is turned off and my phone in the living room while I sleep so I’m getting a proper sleep and tend to wake up between 07:45 and 08:45 every day.

I wake up naturally, get up to do an exercise session, shower and do a couple of hours of work (some days I’ve actually not had to do any work).

When it’s been nice I do a couple of hours sunbathing. If not just do a bit of reading on the internet.

Prepare and eat my one meal for the day (I’m doing intermittent fasting because I don’t need nearly as much food as usual while I’m just staying at home) at around 15:00. Get the pots done, have a little clean of the flat where it needs it and get the 17:00 briefing on.

18:00 is Richard Osman’s House Of Games, never miss it!

A couple of hours listening to music, updating playlists, posting on my music WhatsApp group.

Then a few hours of documentaries and films before bed at around midnight.

I’ve not been bored for one day of the month I’ve been off work.

I also live in a flat, first floor, no balcony though. But I have a large communal garden and I get my deck chair out and sit at my front door on the ground floor (that nobody else has access to therefore no need to worry about social distancing). I don’t think some of the neighbours are enamoured with a nearly naked bloke in the garden sunbathing (nobody else from the other 7 flats ever come out and sunbathe). But sod it, I’m getting some Vitamin D!

My exercise sessions are cycling or walking outdoors on the roads. I’d found a quiet route for both. About a 5 mile cycle and a 3 mile walk. However, I haven’t been out on either of those this week after seeing too many people out last week with far too much social distancing ignorance going on.

I bought a skipping rope so have a skip session in the car park to the flats (it’s large and fairly unused so no problem with social distancing).

And also do body weight sessions in the living room. I’ve found back exercises the most difficult to because they’re the ones you need something heavy to pull but worked out some things to do (I used to be a PT so just used my noggin to replicate the movement needed).

I’m batch cooking some proper hearty healthy meals too, it’s a highlight of the week when’s I get to do that!

FaceTime my Mam+Dad every other day and on the other days FaceTime my Sister and her three kids.

Ive done a few album listening parties with my mates from my music chat too. They’re always good!

Also been messaging and ringing an old workmate who I always got on with when she worked with me and we’ve said we’re going to go for a drink when this is all over, so something to look forward to every few days when I speak to her and also for when this is all over.

Routine is everything. Our day usually commences around 09:00 hours over a hearty breakfast and GMTV +1. We manage to do this because we now have a proper television that will no longer burn in their dreadful yellow logo. Then it's internet news and moon-walking whilst the wife watches a place in the sun, a place in the sun home and away, and a place in that winter sun. Then it is dinner time followed by Cleanup Patrol. We both have our own operational stations and mine is Kitchen, disinfection protocol and vacuuming. Afterwards we go for our 2 hour exercise and today was Heaton Park incorporating lashings of distance separation. Around 17:00 hours is Covid Update accompanied with lashings of stun juice and afterwards we just tend to freestyle until 21:00 hours and meet up to watch TV until the early hours. Boredom is not an option.

Kept myself pretty busy but doing things at such a slower pace.

working from home so on my laptop mostly 9-5. Have a walk with the Mrs lunch times. I go for a run at 5. Then video call family after. Dinner. And watch a couple episodes of something in the evening. literally Groundhog Day

Gardening
Reading
Exercise - normally 60 minutes combination of treadmill and weights
Box sets - no more than an hour per day
Cooking/menu planning - I have our meals sorted for a rolling fortnight ahead
Fly tying - up to an hour per day depending on how I feel
Drinking - try and have at least three alcohol free days a week
Music - usually late afternoon and after 10.30. It’s been a good opportunity to check out new stuff.

You been furloughed?

I've got a shit load of small jobs to do and have ordered loads of items on line in my pursuit of said jobbies. Where are the delivery drivers when you need them. C'mon lads, you're doing a great job.....
Just bought 2 vintage outboard engines, one built in 1929, the other a bit more recent and so have made an extra engine stand for it.
Aimless gardening fills in the blanks but the binmen dont move the stuff for another couple of weeks so job stop there. Tip's shut so cant go there.
Checked on the pond, newts still in there but been hunting dragon fly larvae as them bastards eat anything that moves, sorry, they look brilliant when they hatch but the damage they can do in the meanwhile in a pond is biblical.
Air/sea/mountain rescue chopper from Caernarfon's been out, doubtless some clown's stuck on the mountain so been watching that through the binoculars.
Watching youtube also fills in the blanks but now going to feed the dogs and drag them out for a walk....
In work for a couple of hours, actually costs money to go in and turn everything on.
We carry on regardless.....

Edit.....

Just been dutifully informed that I'm to become a grandfather...FFS ( I can now officially join Rooney in the granny shaggers anonymous, if I so please )
A brief enquiry into who the father is drew a look of disgust from swmbo so we got our equaliser in first and put our name down of the buggy/travel cot/pram/4x4 combo.

All in all a pretty boring day

We carry on regardless so to speak....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.