Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Truth is if the government want to give football fans a lift....NULL and VOID the season. I can imagine the memes!

Those pesky scousers with their famous sense of humour I’m sure they’d join in with everyone and laugh at themselves

All together now ‘you NEARLY won the league!’

It’s clear that Brighton, Palace and West Ham aren’t on board for various reasons (risk and loss of integrity if they lose home advantage) based on quotes on SSN.

Dominos starting to fall.

I think the biggest issue will be players/ wives/partners/families condoning these matches....really quite unbelievable that it’s even being thought about never mind actually planned.

I wish City would join the not on board list

null and void this season,it cant finish after the break plus no crowds,home and away ect, if they are insistent on playing games then have a mini tournament similar to the world cup format.

Simon stone now reporting that a growing number of clubs are open to playing the remaining fixtures behind closed doors if the threat of relegation is removed and play next season with 22 clubs !! What’s the point of playing the remaining games then other that giving the dippers the league ! That really does keep the integrity of the league.
I just read that article and my reaction was exactly the same as yours. If they are not playing to determine relegation places, the only reason to play is to make sure the Dippers are crowned Champions. Just do what the French have done and award them the league. No need for any more games, no risk to players and staff and everyone can start thinking about next season.

I just read that article and my reaction was exactly the same as yours. If they are not playing to determine relegation places, the only reason to play is to make sure the Dippers are crowned Champions. Just do what the French have done and award them the league. No need for any more games, no risk to players and staff and everyone can start thinking about next season.
Brodcasting revenues underwrite the financial viability of every football club.

What would lift the spirits of most football supporters is for the authorities to convince us that they have a coherent plan for running football next season.

Abandon this season and plan from August so, for example, if games must be played in empty stadia then the corresponding home and away fixtures are played under the same conditions. If crowds aren't allowed for the first half of the season, then the second half will also be behind closed doors to protect the integrity of the competition.

As it stands, they are putting so much effort into completing this season they are going to fuck it up for the foreseeable future.

It's as if every person in the UK loves football and no other sport.

Also, I'm sure watching Aston Villa play Brighton with an empty stadium will cheer up all the kids who've lost parents.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.