Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

On what do you base that.

I honestly think this behind close doors idea would be a damp squib and a total failure with little or no interest shown by fans. As others have said it would be the death of nearly every club outside the premier league and quite possibly some in it.

In my view without a safe and effective mass vaccination programme then mass gatherings will not be allowed. As a business football then must consider the vastly inferior alternative of playing the end of this season and next behind closed doors for the millions of fans around the world who never go to games anyway and those who need their gambling fix. But there are vast practical and moral issues involved and no TV deal to help the hundreds of lower League and non league clubs and their fans.

You first then,it is a contact sport the debate begins and ends there,nobody else is allowed to touch anyone outside of their households ffs
Dentists, hairdresser, masseuse, beautician, chiropractor, physio, security, tattooist, taxi, first aiders, chiropodist, weddings, funerals, christenings, pubs, concerts, football, rugby, netball, basketball, school sports, restaurants, airlines, holidays, all and many many more will get back to some kind of normal.

but we must never place football in any list, of get back to work. Ffs get real.

I agree, with no fans there then for the players it's about as risky, or probably less so, than me goingbto my office job. The point I'm trying to make though is that the medical staff that would have to be present at these games/isolation camps could be put to much better use at this present time than staffing a football game. Even if things get back to normal in the next month or so then all the medical staff that have been working ridiculous hours over the last few months deserve a break, having to babysit god knows many teams at St George's Park or whatever neutral ground plan they're discussing today (is just the Premier League quarantining and playing at neutral venues or all levels of the football pyramid?) should be at the absolutely bottom of the list of things to get done when this is over.
Same with coppers, even if there's no fans in the grounds I suspect a significant amount of morons will turn up at stadiums anyway or go piling into each others homes for huge piss ups.
There's a real difference between reopening everything gradually while maintaining some form of caution and social distancing and to just saying 'well if it's safe for me to work, it's safe for everyone'. Mitigating risk doesn't work like that and it's also a fact that we will need to be strategic about the resources we have. That's why I think the entertainment industry will be the very last to be reopened in any significant way as the resources needed for even behind closed doors games are needed more urgently elsewhere.
If just for the hell of it,
A million people are allowed back to work, the support required to transport, protect, cater, first aid, incidents causing emergency help would be far greater than a few footballers hobbling off a pitch and getting a scan at the local private hospital. I can’t get the problem with it, I’m not arsed either way. I just don’t get the football must be last scenario. If it’s allowed it’s allowed, so what.

If just for the hell of it,
A million people are allowed back to work, the support required to transport, protect, cater, first aid, incidents causing emergency help would be far greater than a few footballers hobbling off a pitch and getting a scan at the local private hospital. I can’t get the problem with it, I’m not arsed either way. I just don’t get the football must be last scenario. If it’s allowed it’s allowed, so what.

Yep if it’s allowed it’s allowed so why are fans not able to go?

Must be a dipper

Unnamed #PL player: "Most of the players are keen to get the season finished. There’s a view that, as long as we are tested regularly, then it shouldn’t be a problem. You would be surprised at how laid-back about it a lot of the players are." [via
@MailSport

Plans on the safe return to football are set to be finalised at a cross-sport meeting with the Government on Wednesday. Talks will see proposals over training and the restart of the #PL, should Westminster allow, put together for essential feedback from PL players.
@MailSport
So the players are 'keen' to get back into a situation that is potentially dangerous to them and their families plus others involved and contravenes the social distancing rules applicable to the rest of the population?
And they are 'keen' to get back to an extremely heavy workload which is meaningless to so many and then with hardly a break get into another heavy workload. No holidays with their families, lounging around at home passing time is not the same.
I don't buy that at all.

Lots of things will be back, but not normal.
Think it’s pretty obvious myself. If you need further clarification I’d ask myself is watching a job.
Yep a lot jobs will be back with social distancing and mask wearing when you on a football pitch with 22 players plays everything around that it’s ideal the ideal environment to get this virus. If there was a test that was 100% accurate I’d say test everyone Daily and it be safe for football until then football should be just put on the back burner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.