Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Here's a clue.

Two teams that wear red need the money and broadcasters want the kudos for covering it.
still don't get it if you delay the end to this season using my scenario Liverpool still win the league, the chances of a "normal" season next year are as close to nil as you could get.....so we are already looking at two screwed up seasons why rush finishing screwing up this year and voiding the league would see leagues in court up and down the country with issues all over the place.....(Bury and Bolton both I'm sure will have major issues if we go down that route, not to mention the teams that are screwed by losing the progress they have made this year)

Reactions: mat
Good point mate. However I have it on good authority that the PL in its musings have already come up with two possible solutions to this problem. The first is to have a special Refmask with a built-in whistle properly sealed of course using silicon or something. I am about to go to my shed to knock one up for the PL to try out using one cup of the wife's bra. The second solution is to dispense with referees altogether and just use VAR especially since VAR has been so universally loved and efficiently used since its inception . The VAR ref would "whistle" by activating a loud klaxon installed in all grounds.

Hard to choose between two such commonsense solutions.
The tragic thing is that even after reading your post twice I'm not sure if it's a piss take.

It’s a job, without fans football is about as risky as most other jobs. If I get told work is ok then I believe it’s ok for all. I don’t want to go back til it’s safe but when it is so, then I’m of the opinion it’s safe for all.
I agree, with no fans there then for the players it's about as risky, or probably less so, than me goingbto my office job. The point I'm trying to make though is that the medical staff that would have to be present at these games/isolation camps could be put to much better use at this present time than staffing a football game. Even if things get back to normal in the next month or so then all the medical staff that have been working ridiculous hours over the last few months deserve a break, having to babysit god knows many teams at St George's Park or whatever neutral ground plan they're discussing today (is just the Premier League quarantining and playing at neutral venues or all levels of the football pyramid?) should be at the absolutely bottom of the list of things to get done when this is over.
Same with coppers, even if there's no fans in the grounds I suspect a significant amount of morons will turn up at stadiums anyway or go piling into each others homes for huge piss ups.
There's a real difference between reopening everything gradually while maintaining some form of caution and social distancing and to just saying 'well if it's safe for me to work, it's safe for everyone'. Mitigating risk doesn't work like that and it's also a fact that we will need to be strategic about the resources we have. That's why I think the entertainment industry will be the very last to be reopened in any significant way as the resources needed for even behind closed doors games are needed more urgently elsewhere.

My own take would be to null and void the season, have no champion on relegation, promote three up from the Championship and start the new season in late July, thus allowing for things to settle down further and a proper pre-season for players.

More fixtures means more TV money. Shut the season down for a month through December - resume mid-Jan after the cold season starts kicking about.

Finish start of April and relegate six clubs - allowing more window for the Euros to start that summer.

Season 21-22 season then factors the moving of the World Cup in Qatar.
It won’t mean more tv money.
It will be the same pot diluted by three extra teams.

If football starts again all be it behind closed doors, that's the green light for me as far as I'm concerned social distancing is over, I'm going to carry on as normal

Thats a pretty childish and selfish way of looking at things.

In what way does that end 'social distancing'?

There were recent medical tests and investigations carried out in both the US and UK which showed that there was evidence showing the covid virus was still present in aerosol droplets much smaller than was first thought possible. The scientists conducting the test were yet to determine whether or not the virus was still in its contagious form whilst in these micro-droplets or whether they were "dead/harmless" but there existence has been reported. These aerosol droplets remain in the air for up to two hours after being exhaled which is much, much longer than was first thought and COULD be evidence that covid19 is in fact airborne.

I might do a search and post the relevant press releases to show you the evidence, but I probably won't as, tbh, I can't really be arsed. But there is evidence out there which suggests that you are/may be incorrect.

Maybe you could do the search yourself and save me the time and effort?

I think I’ll just settle for you talking unsubstantiated bullshit, if it’s alright with you.

My own take would be to null and void the season, have no champion on relegation, promote three up from the Championship and start the new season in late July, thus allowing for things to settle down further and a proper pre-season for players.

More fixtures means more TV money. Shut the season down for a month through December - resume mid-Jan after the cold season starts kicking about.

Finish start of April and relegate six clubs - allowing more window for the Euros to start that summer.

Na. End the season now, put it in the record books as incomplete but all games played and trophies won to that point recognised going forward.

No champions, no promotion, 2 teams relegated (Dippers and rags), move to an 18 team league to allow a proper winter break, the FA Cup to move back to weekends and reduce fixture congestion.

Have 20 team Championship and League 1 and then regionalise from League 2 down to save costs and preserve more clubs.

Agree with everything you say, relegation apart.
Any team with red in it's kit should be relegated, it's only the fair and proper thing to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.