Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The cynic in me tells me that they will play just enough games so that Littlewood$ FC can scrape across the line.

The cynic in me tells me that they will play just enough games so that Littlewood$ FC can scrape across the line.

As much as I agree with you, I dont think the football authorities are that thick. If that was to happen I can see a real shit storm happening. If it restarts it has to finish to save any integrity it has left ! Which wouldnt be much in my eyes

As much as I agree with you, I dont think the football authorities are that thick. If that was to happen I can see a real shit storm happening. If it restarts it has to finish to save any integrity it has left ! Which wouldnt be much in my eyes
The Premier league is on very thin ice, they are making themselves look complete fools and greedy beyond belief.

The bubble has burst and reality is going to hit it very, very hard.

Football is a spectator sport, nothing more, nothing less, without spectators it is nothing.

How any nation/ league can consider playing in empty stadiums is beyond me and why people would want to watch a game with no fans, no contact, and maybe even the players wearing face masks is simply beyond me.

Some sports could get away with continuing with no spectators ( ie Formula 1) but football is not one of those.

Already the likes of the Premier league and a lot of clubs has little or no respect for the match going fans, and I hope all fans has now seen through the sh1t and will act accordingly.

Doesn’t matter if the league fixtures are not completed they will not be crowned champions

Don't think they can. The whole problem is that there are no regulations regarding early closure of the league. That's why they are desperately trying to 'finish' the season.

The Premier league is on very thin ice, they are making themselves look complete fools and greedy beyond belief.

The bubble has burst and reality is going to hit it very, very hard.
The UFC just had an event last night/this morning where a fighter and his training staff tested positive. He even attended the weigh in and staredown (although it was at distance and both fighters wearing gloves and masks). The fighter and staff were isolated and the event went ahead. It was on some kind of island apparently and the location was not disclosed to media, where money is involved i think the crux of the matter is - nobody gives a shit. It's even worse with American's, most of them think this is all biollocks anyway and from what i've seen, they mostly want sporting events back and lockdowns lifted. Uncharted territory, i can see shit going south big time.

The UFC just had an event last night/this morning where a fighter and his training staff tested positive. He even attended the weigh in and staredown (although it was at distance and both fighters wearing gloves and masks). The fighter and staff were isolated and the event went ahead. It was on some kind of island apparently and the location was not disclosed to media, where money is involved i think the crux of the matter is - nobody gives a shit. It's even worse with American's, most of them think this is all biollocks anyway and from what i've seen, they mostly want sporting events back and lockdowns lifted. Uncharted territory, i can see shit going south big time.
Exactly, one high profile sportsman get the virus and is seriously ill or dies and the shit will hit the fan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.