Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

See Dan Roan on BBC football mate. Not an individual that many City fans will like but likely to be someone who has a good idea as to what is going on.

He knows fuck all and neither do any of the fuckwit pundits in the media.

Whether or not football restarts, there will, in all likelihood, be something that causes it to come to an unsatisfactory conclusion. Then, I hope that the desperation to finish the season will blow up in the faces of the FA, premier League and the media.

Clearly referencing households. Football's return has already been OK'd by government. See BBC football, Dan Roan.

Sorry guys. Going to bed. See you tomorrow.

Can you please direct me to a link where the Govt has already OKd the return of Premier League Football ?

PM Johnson this evening outlined a whole a new social distancing criteria.

My personnel interpretation is Premier League Football can not possibly go ahead without violating new rules.

PM Johnson did not even mention football.

Can you please direct me to a link where the Govt has already OKd the return of Premier League Football ?

PM Johnson this evening outlined a whole a new social distancing criteria.

My personnel interpretation is Premier League Football can not possibly go ahead without violating new rules.

PM Johnson did not even mention football.

He's gone to bed.

Now you may not agree with the government announcement tonight but either Boris Johnson's government has gone out on a limb (unlikely) or SAGE deems primary school and many workplaces a safe environment. In that context, football may not have your interest at the moment but ethical opposition looks difficult to substantiate.

In practise the tests will tell us. If footballers are getting ill every week then it's clearly not practical or safe, but if they stay largely healthy I do not see how the objections expressed to date stand up.

It's not that primary schools are deemed to be "safe environments" it's that they will be essential if people who have young kids AND who work in sectors that are deemed to be safe-ish working environments are to be phased back to work.

Get your head round it mate, in reality schools SHOULD be the last places to open BUT logistically they have to be near the front of the queue in order for the parents to work.

Football will not be a safe environment and is not needed in order for others to get back to work.

Pretty sure you're playing a little game of "prod the barking dog" just to amuse yourself

I hate to agree with @Marvin but I think the government will have no objection to the premier league restarting. Ministers have come out with bullshit like it would be good for morale.
Before anyone starts my personal view is that football shouldn’t be back until at the very least September and the only fair thing to do is null and void this season.

It seems ridiculous that PM Johnson would this evening outline a new social distancing criteria for the general public to adhere to

But behind the scenes give the green light for the return of Premier League football.

Which straight off the Bat violates legislation : Groups " 25 On a Pitch including officials","All engaging in personnel contact".

That is not including the logistic side,support staff needed for a game to go ahead, even behind closed Doors.

Then there is the "Fall out"

The causing of large gatherings in City Centers, or near to Grounds.

Also how could one then expect the Public to adhere to the new rules and regulations ?

Sorry,to me it makes no sense.

I still personally think after PM Johnson speech football returning is dead in the water.

Not only is it still too risky for the players,staff etc.You could not possibly okay one group to engage in activities,that are deemed too risky,and are currently outlawed to the general public.

The only way Premier League Football can return is by the Players playing in 6 foot Plastic Bubbles.

1 from each side at a time, with a Ref in a Hazmat Suite,actively engaging in social distancing.

The way this virus is going , unfortunately everybody will eventually know someone who has died from this endemic , then maybe the people pushing for the return of football will change their tune , when you are in crematorium watching a relatives funeral with only ten people there social distancing , it gives some perspective , and it certainly doesnt entice you to debate with people like Marvin , it makes you pity them.

He did mention sport, sport is allowed as of Wednesday as long as social distance and only with family members, Fishing is allowed
Fishing is only allowed if fish are kept. You will not be allowed to return due to chance of cross contamination . Also no sucking of maggots is allowed

Now you may not agree with the government announcement tonight but either Boris Johnson's government has gone out on a limb (unlikely) or SAGE deems primary school and many workplaces a safe environment. In that context, football may not have your interest at the moment but ethical opposition looks difficult to substantiate.

In practise the tests will tell us. If footballers are getting ill every week then it's clearly not practical or safe, but if they stay largely healthy I do not see how the objections expressed to date stand up.
Primary school and workplaces are probably considered more important than the entertainments industry and also quite simply you can't play football safely. Other countries have shown already that footballers are catching the virus once training and matches have resumed. They may survive because they are fit young men but their environment will become a hotspot. One of the support team, groundsman, tea lady , kit man, will be the first to fall

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.