Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

According to Hancock summer holidays won’t happen because people will need to social distance...But yesterday they gave football the green light to start in 3 weeks time.

Well any players that are abroad better get a shifty on.....they gotta self isolate for 14 days when they arrive.
Or will the Premier League say they was all in France?

It hasnt lost its integrity at all...there is an unprecedented world wide pandemic...just stop for a while, make sure everyone is safe and well, and then carry on.....if anything, that maintains its integrity as it all gets finished as fairly as possibly.

Sure none of us want Liverpool to win the league...but cutting the season short at such a late stage, when something like this is a sensible option (in my opinion) does not show great integrity.
What "sensible" option you talking about ? The only sensible one is voiding the league and try to prepare to start next season when it's safe to do so. Every other option is anything but "sensible" in my opinion.

Can't be bothered going around other forums and i don't expect others to do that on my behalf but has anyone visited other clubs sites already ?
What do other clubs fans think about all this ?

It hasnt lost its integrity at all...there is an unprecedented world wide pandemic...just stop for a while, make sure everyone is safe and well, and then carry on.....if anything, that maintains its integrity as it all gets finished as fairly as possibly.

Sure none of us want Liverpool to win the league...but cutting the season short at such a late stage, when something like this is a sensible option (in my opinion) does not show great integrity.

Has in my eyes .. .restart with shorter halfs, 5 subs, a 4 month break, no VAR. Just the break is enough for the league to have lost it integrity

Can't be bothered going around other forums and i don't expect others to do that on my behalf but has anyone visited other clubs sites already ?
What do other clubs fans think about all this ?
I had a look on rawk.
Their thread was locked on 4th April and is still locked.
Maybe they cant bear talking about it.

funny these PPG scenarios all getting the Rags ahead of Sheff Utd by like .3, and West Ham going down by .2, that's going to result in no legal action whatsoever.
I imagine the rags will miraculously claim 4th spot and entry into next season's champions league.

According to Hancock summer holidays won’t happen because people will need to social distance...But yesterday they gave football the green light to start in 3 weeks time.
Providing rates continue to fall, and all other safeguards can be met is far from a green light. I think the media and interested parties are making some big assumptions here

football,sky and BT are going to get hammered for this in the long run, people now seeing them for what they are and its just not on this forum, talk about cutting your nose off, its all about grabing as much cash as you can and fuck everyone else, they have certainly fallen on their own sword here, the game and money has become that big it cant be controled even with the introduction of VAR which was simply a licence to manipulate results but dressed up to the dumb public as something else,their water tight gravy train is off the rails hopefully for good

I genuinely believe that their open-topped bus will drive over the corpses of COVID-19 victims (to be referred to by the media as collateral damage) en-route to Dipperville in order to get the money shot of Van Wank Bag holding aloft the Premier League trophy. The £millions or £billions that shot will generate vastly outweighs minor details like collective responsibility, common sense and public safety.

I had a look on rawk.

That's brilliant isn't it ? Talk about burying heads in the sand & maybe it will all go away. Whatever happens, their glorious long awaited title win either won't happen or will be tainted by the way the PL have handled the situation. Personally I couldn't care less now whether they are awarded it or not. I'm more bothered about the safety of players & all the other people who would be involved with training & staging of matches.

I had a look on rawk.

There is another thread. They do like like talking about it. A lot - 10,000 ish posts in a couple of months.

As you would expect their view is somewhat different to most people's position on here:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.