Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Football is driven by the fans, without fans is an empty soulless non event. Even if clubs fold peoples health comes first. Football just isn't that important right now IMO.
As someone mentioned on here a while back, playing bcd used to be a punishment for violation, now it has become the saviour for Marv and the PL et al

but to introduce those things IS to take away its integrity, you are changing the "rules" and processes of the game. What i suggested changes nothing...therefore no loss of integrity
True, but anyone advocating getting rid of the joy sucking, fury inducing, interminably time consuming,
abortion that is VAR,and doing it ASAP, is OK in my book.

You know full well that we can't have full stadia. So if you want equal conditions throughout a season you are effectively saying no football a year. That will be the end of many clubs. Can't see the government paying players.
Are football clubs exempt from going under? I see plenty of other industries likely to do the same but I dont see you pandering to their needs.

but to introduce those things IS to take away its integrity, you are changing the "rules" and processes of the game. What i suggested changes nothing...therefore no loss of integrity

So 4 or 5 month break which allows some players to recharge their batteries just as their were running out of steam. Or teams that were coming into form now have players that arent match fit. That in my eyes loses the integrity of the league, let alone the other points.

That's brilliant isn't it ? Talk about burying heads in the sand & maybe it will all go away. Whatever happens, their glorious long awaited title win either won't happen or will be tainted by the way the PL have handled the situation. Personally I couldn't care less now whether they are awarded it or not. I'm more bothered about the safety of players & all the other people who would be involved with training & staging of matches.
Danger to those under the age of 45 is minimal. It’s a very selective disease.

The sensible suggestion being the one er, suggested...in my opinion of course.....pause the season, and resume it as and when safe to do so.....could easily be the end of the year.

So if next season is cancelled or postponed, there are essentially not as many consequences.....possibly just dont have a 20/21 season

I gave you the sensible solution weeks ago

I'm pencilling in tomorrow's game (Burnley home) for the same weekend next year. Saves all the Liverpool howls if we just suspend this season for 12 months.....

If by the autumn things are looking up, we could find a new sponsor for a special interim competition. The Abu Dhabi Stuff You Cup.

The sensible suggestion being the one er, suggested...in my opinion of course.....pause the season, and resume it as and when safe to do so.....could easily be the end of the year.

So if next season is cancelled or postponed, there are essentially not as many consequences.....possibly just dont have a 20/21 season
what about next years money? they want that to, they cant cancel next season so thay have 11 weeks to complete this or its over, the best thing would be to come to part setlement with the sponsors for the uncompleted season then negotiate next seasons deal all be it behind closed doors but the income will be a fraction of what they normaly get because its not atractive

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.