Summer Transfers

I certainly do not know what Sane`s mum wants, but Boateng was the player Bayern took that we did not want to sell, Barca do have a need as they want rid of Dembele and Coutinho but have limited funds on hand, and Red Bull can offer Sane as much as Bayern will, the last figure quoted by the press was less that what we paid for him, but as i said in my earlier message our price or no sale we have options
I imagine she wants the huge signing fee she's been promised for being in his ear all year to move.

Barca may have a need but they are saddled with debt, deadwood players and are cutting players wages last I read. They need to find someone to buy Dembele and Coutinho. They don't have the money for Sane.

Sane will not be going to Redbull. Goes against their business model completely and why go to a club and play second fiddle for the rest of his career. If we don't sell him then he will sit in the stands with a face on then leaves on a free as a final fuck you to the club straight into Bayern's arms.

Watching Leverkusen-Werder Bremen at the moment

Tapsoba at Leverkusen definitely got that Van Dijk aura to him. He's tall, very composed and elegant, good at reading the game, decent speed. His feet and passing register for a CB is definitely extraordinary. Almost forgot to mention that he's only one year older than Foden. Definitely someone Txiki should keep on his radar

Diaby also looks quality as a Sané replacement as I've mentioned here before. Usually good at providing those low crosses from the left after beating the defender with pace. Two very hard crosses this game that has been assists, one on each foot

Last edited:
That looks a good summer mate but im very hesitant of us spending those sorts of sums on players. I am just really not sure what we will do. Sane and Angelino out though for sure I think.

No its not what they want us to think, its the facts. His mum wants her golden boy at Bayern, he wants all the trimmings that come with playing for Bayern.

"In our place again" we are not a feeder for anyone. We have sold one player since the takeover that I would argue is anywhere near his peak and that is Tevez. Feel free to argue otherwise.

Barca haven't got the money nor a need for Sane, they will blow their next bank loan on someone else that doesn't fit the team just to keep the board in place and Red Bull wouldn't offer Sane anything near what he wants.

We will sell Sane off the back of a huge injury for a profit, what more do you want the club to do? He stays for another season and he goes on a free, which in my mind is embarassing. I don't want Sane half assing his way through a few Caraboa cup games just to keep him ticking over when we can get 50mil that can go towards someone else.
They are talking about €35m tho!!! So do we fold and say fair enough making us look walkovers. Because if we let someone of sanes talent go for 35m euros we will never get half decent money for players. Personally I'd rather give him to barca/Madrid for 20m with a sell on clause and if he doesnt want anything but bayern he can be back up to braaf and miss the euros. We shouldn't let ourselves be strong armed or it sets a precedent.

Rather run Sane's contract down than let Bayern bully us to sell him for less than what we paid. €50m minimum or otherwise run his deal down. It would make us look incredibly soft that would not work against any other club if we sold him for LESS than what we paid. We would just be walked over and help Bayern by getting good player for cheap. At least when he goes on free, they have to pay him bigger salary and much bigger sign on fee + higher agent fee too.

Dortmund did this with many players, did not bend over for Bayern. Dortmund are also lot poorer than we are.

Last edited:
They are talking about €35m tho!!! So do we fold and say fair enough making us look walkovers. Because if we let someone of sanes talent go for 35m euros we will never get half decent money for players. Personally I'd rather give him to barca/Madrid for 20m with a sell on clause and if he doesnt want anything but bayern he can be back up to braaf and miss the euros. We shouldn't let ourselves be strong armed or it sets a precedent.
Unfortunately mate I disagree, we are not walkovers by selling him. From everything that is being said Sane is going to Bayern and Bayern only, says a lot that no other club is even being mentioned. So there is not going to be a bidding war for him.

Rather run Sane's contract down than let Bayern bully us to sell him for less than what we paid. €50m minimum or otherwise run his deal down. It would make us look incredibly soft that would not work against any other club if we sold him for LESS than what we paid. We would just be walked over and help Bayern by getting good player for cheap. At least when he goes on free, they have to pay him bigger salary and much bigger sign on fee + higher agent fee too.

Dortmund did this with many players, did not bend over for Bayern. Dortmund are also lot poorer than we are.
It will be about 50m definitely. Dortmind didn't bend over? they gave away there best players every season to Bayern for years whilst they fell further behind. What did Dortmund gain from keeping Lewandowski in his final year? Nothing.
I won't be surprised if they take Haaland in a couple years to replace Lewandowski, if Sancho was German he would also probably be already at Bayern.

If he walks on a free, your right the signing on fee will be bigger and it will be going straight into Sane's pocket and not ours. So not only do we pay his wages for his final 12mths he then pockets about 15-20m euros when he walks out the door.

Ill leave it there, Sane is leaving and there is not much more to discuss. The only way he stays is if Bayern pull out of the deal, no other club is going to come in for him and so there is no bidding war. The 30/40/50m euros is best off in our pocket to allow us some movement in the market.

Hazard left for minimum of 100m with addition 50m as add ons with one year left in his contract and he is 5 years older than Sane !

First big transfer in the COVID era will set the bar for the rest to adjust for - probably why we have seen some delay to be the first. Of course, this is all assuming UEFA opens the transfer window in June

That looks a good summer mate but im very hesitant of us spending those sorts of sums on players. I am just really not sure what we will do. Sane and Angelino out though for sure I think.
Because of FFP, potential lack of CL or due to Coronavirus?

Upamecano has amazing potential, so even if it takes £40-50mil, I think him and Laporte would be one of the strongest CB pairings in the world and for at least 5 years. Aarons is good enough to learn from Walker but without forcing him our or being put at LB to make them both happy. Alaba would instantly be our best LB and can play CB or CM.

We'd just about break even but would massively help the defence for the next few years. If we can get Otamendi or Stones off the books and bring Garcia & THB playing, it'd be a good step for both the squad and the finances.

Unfortunately mate I disagree, we are not walkovers by selling him. From everything that is being said Sane is going to Bayern and Bayern only, says a lot that no other club is even being mentioned. So there is not going to be a bidding war for him.

It will be about 50m definitely. Dortmind didn't bend over? they gave away there best players every season to Bayern for years whilst they fell further behind. What did Dortmund gain from keeping Lewandowski in his final year? Nothing.
I won't be surprised if they take Haaland in a couple years to replace Lewandowski, if Sancho was German he would also probably be already at Bayern.

If he walks on a free, your right the signing on fee will be bigger and it will be going straight into Sane's pocket and not ours. So not only do we pay his wages for his final 12mths he then pockets about 15-20m euros when he walks out the door.

Ill leave it there, Sane is leaving and there is not much more to discuss. The only way he stays is if Bayern pull out of the deal, no other club is going to come in for him and so there is no bidding war. The 30/40/50m euros is best off in our pocket to allow us some movement in the market.
At what point do you say get f@cked though? €35m, €20m €10m? If they saw your though process why off more than 10m? You look at it as if there is nothing we can do, he wants bayern, bayern want him so let's take what we are offered. I look at it as he is our player, so if they dont meet our valuation be it £100m or 20p neither player or bayern have a say in it. €35m is an insult, any top club would take sane for £30m with a high sell on clause. If sane refuses to leave he doesnt play, he doesnt go to the euros and he doesnt play adult football for ove 2 years. No club or player should insult us or strong arm us. We are not some plucky team desperate to get 20% of what someones worth to balance the books. If we make a stand it sends a message if we dont we look weak.

As i would unless there was not an offer from Bayern, or at least not an offer excepted, then Sane has 2 options, play or sit out another year

It's already reported he has an offer from Liverpool, the last thing we need is him to go there just to piss us off with an agreement that he can sign for Bayern next summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.