Stupid little things that bug you

Those posters who disagree with others and put the one word 'Reported'. You can smell their smug self dasatisfaction from here.

Beth Rigby on Sky News is obviously an intelligent woman and is a good reporter/interviewer but her slovenly use of English gets on my nerves to the point where I just can't listen to her any more and have to switch to another news channel. She drops the 'g' on every word with 'ing' in it, Thinkin, discussin, testin, waitin, meaninful, etc. I can just about put up with her saying things like battew (battle) and hospitaw but not dropping g like that.
Many of these speaking mannerisms seem to be adopted by females no matter how intelligent educated or well off rather than the males of the species. Examples not only dropped 't' and 'g' , dropped 'h' but the letter itself being pronounced 'haitch'. Ordinary sentences sounding like questions because the end is lifted Aussie style. Stress being put on final syllables and 'at all' being pronounced a-TALL!!.
Both genders seem to start sentences with 'so' especially the medical and business experts interviewed on the news recently.
If you think the lockdown is weighing heavy still, at least there are few interviews with players and managers who reply to all questions with 'Yes, no, yes' which was used to show how thick the Vicky Pollard character was. Harry Kane is particularly bad at it as is his England manager.

When I go a few pence over my target amount at the petrol station.

When I go a few pence over my target amount at the petrol station.

All the pumps at Morrisons in Swinton are rigged to stop at 01 pence..

Plays havoc with my OCD, means I've got to round it up to the next fiver... 01 pence again..

.. Before I know it I've filled the tank with £65.01 pounds worth of fuel.. I only called in for twenty quids worth ffs..!

I was in the Co-op today. Patiently standing on one marker after another in the queue, like you do. But this young woman kept pushing forward and standing within a foot of me. Every time I moved to the next marker, so did she, like she was my girlfriend or something.

Normally, at my age, I'd be flattered. In present circumstances I kept thinking "Stupid cow - stupid cow!"

I almost expected her to follow me out and get in the fucking car.

Should've pinched her arse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.