COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand this track and trace thing.
How on earth if someone has CV19 say for example in a shop that I have been in possibly know where I live etc?

Well this is where the app would come in as you get a notification from the app if someone you have been in close proximity with has tested positive for Covid.

It seems pretty half arsed in its current format without the app.

Well this is where the app would come in as you get a notification from the app if someone you have been in close proximity with has tested positive for Covid.

It seems pretty half arsed in its current format without the app.

But only if I had the app and took my phone with me in the shop?

But only if I had the app and took my phone with me in the shop?
The tracing app. Yes, but that’s not what’s starting tomorrow, that’s track and trace using people to do the tracing as far as I know. The tracing app isn’t ready yet. If you are doing the right things though you shouldn’t be catching it in a shop.

Covid has only been around for 10 weeks so that would equate to 5 10 people hit by lightning and 33 dead from Covid = 6.6 3.3 times higher

Again 40 80 dead under the same time frame as Covid = 6.3 3.15 times higher.

So Covid-19, in a society with all the restrictions imposed for the last 10 weeks, produces a slightly lower death toll than a bad influenza year, where no restrictions were imposed at all.

And you extrapolate this data to mean Covid-19 isn't that bad?

Edited: Thanks to @the-ecstacy-of-eight for the fact checking!

Sense? In the COVID thread? I'm done!

The tracing app. Yes, but that’s not what’s starting tomorrow, that’s track and trace using people to do the tracing as far as I know. The tracing app isn’t ready yet. If you are doing the right things though you shouldn’t be catching it in a shop.

Thanks.
So Big Brother is watching us, maybe George Orwell was right after all.
What a fucking joke.

Thanks.
What a fucking joke.

Did you think surveillence of the British public stopped after the Snowden leaks. I can't remember any legislation to tone things down after the bulk data collection revelations were made and I'm sure that things have only gotten worse in the intervening years. After a quick google (other search engines are available) I found this interesting read:

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/why-taki...-spying-gchq-nsa-tempora-prism-edward-snowden

Did you think surveillence of the British public stopped after the Snowden leaks. I can't remember any legislation to tone things down after the bulk data collection revelations were made and I'm sure that things have only gotten worse in the intervening years. After a quick google (other search engines are available) I found this interesting read:

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/why-taki...-spying-gchq-nsa-tempora-prism-edward-snowden

Very interesting.
I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories obviously this has been a dreadful pandemic which I have lost people that I knew.
That said their has been a lot of odd things happen, for example an unprecedented spell of nice weather for 2 months that hasn't been seen before for years now.
Coincidence or to do with better air quality?
I also think the government is now trying to control us even further and personally I worry that we wont be able to travel abroad ever again, go to football ever again or do a host of other things ever again.
Am I being ridiculous and paranoid?
Maybe but I can foresee some of this happening.

Thanks.
What a fucking joke.
They've been watching you for years so what's the problem now or did you not know !!
CCTV everywhere, the moment you turn you're phone on you're being tracked .
You never know this time it might help you and you're family to stay alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.