COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why ?

If the sensible thing to do is follow the rules, then do the sensible thing for you and your family/friends, let idiots be idiots, you don't need to join them.

I have done what I have needed to do during this Covid crisis, I haven't seen my family have kept my distance where humanly possible and have washed my hands to death when the mail comes or have been shopping. As you say this starts in the main with personal responsibilty if you're fortunate enough to have to not go to work or leave the house.

My garden is the best on the block now though, it was a shit state before the crisis hit and the relationship with her indoors hasn't deteriorated having spent so much time with her. Mind you she's on the phone 24/7 and I have a decent garden to escape to if it looks like she's getting confrontational :)

Disagree. There will now be many who would usually comply that now won't. I'm almost certain. They were likely feeling incredibly low and will now think 'fuck it, the lockdown is clearly over' because they feel like mugs as it feels to them that they're being taken for fools while most aren't taking it seriously and doing what they want. Whether that is true or not, it's how plenty will feel, and that had changed for one major reason. The Cummings saga *has* completely eroded the legitimacy of the whole thing in the eyes of many who were complying. Not all of course, but you can literally sense the shift in mood. The lockdown was already hanging by a thread and this is the final nail in its coffin.

You think the scrotes though even know who Cummings is or even take any personal responsibility for their own actions?

For the past month I have seen hundreds of people taking the piss in my own locality, those people will take the piss regardless.

People who are responsible will continue to be responsible. Sadly, there are enough ignorant chunks of the populous who only care about themselves.

If more people let some weirdo like Cummings inform their decision, they were probably already looking for a get out of jail free card anyhow.

I'd be surprised if anybody does it now. Big fuck up.
Surely its not a case of " he's not abiding by the rules so why should i"
The precautions are to protect us all so why risk your life.

He is no better than others who break rules but we stay away from them if we value our health

All of those risk factors aren't unique the UK and they certainly don't explain the number of excess deaths we've had.

As for care homes, small mercies? What has happened in them is a national disgrace.
IT IS A DISGRACE and yet it's worse elsewhere with the UK being about the best of badly hit countries.
32% of care homes in England had Covid-19 cases. 38% in Wales, and 48% in Scotalnd. Elsewhere in Europe it's over 50%, New york state its 60%+ and in Canada it's 81%.
Over 50% of deaths in most western nations are in care homes. In the home nations this only applies in Scotland. In the UK as a whole it's only about a third (33%) for all excess deaths and 20% for Covid-19 related deaths.
But who could have stopped the NHS discharging patients to care homes? Front line beuracrates? Their bosses? I'm sorry, but sadly no common sence is allowed in on-command beuracratic processes.

Last edited:
I’m amazed we’re not testing to find asymptomatic individuals and then testing them again a few weeks later to see if they’ve developed antibodies. If they are not showing up in antibody testing surveys our estimates of the spread of the virus are out by a massive factor.
There are a lot of things that amaze me. The total lack of common sense, western arrogance, beuracratic ineptitude and extreme selfishness being just 4.

Last edited:
I have an ID card in Malaysia. And you can't get a SIM card without your passport or ID card, which is then registered with the phone company. I'm not sure what it achieves. I think the main argument against the ID card scheme in the UK was always the cost, and they didn't seem to do a good job communicating the supposed benefits.
Further to my other post if you want "residente" ie to be a resident within Spain it is necessary to show 9 months of recent UK (or original country) bank account to prove you can support yourself with regular income ie a lump sum wont do. Since claiming unemployment benefit requires person to be of "residente"status this stops them having to pay for EU immigrants who have no regular income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.