Real Madrid 2nd leg - how?!

I think the talk is playing it all out in one location in August.

The FA Cup will probably be the same , i can see the semi-finals and final played at Wembley over a few days , i get the impression the Premier league , F.A. & UEFA just want the season done and dusted ASAP and retain as much "money" as possible. (Sorry meant to say "integrity":)

I wonder will happen with the away goal rule for our game against Madrid?

I think it will be played on a neutral ground, just like most of our home games (and indeed most of Liverpool’s always)

I take it no venue has been selected for this game. What are the odds that it wont be at the Etihad.

PSG have already requested to have their matches played outside of France.
Exactly this! As if PSG would forfeit... It is prolly the most important competition for them.

They said they are ready to prepare for any solution to play out of the french territory if needed while enforcing the necessary health measures during this crisis.

Lyon needs to go to Turin in the next leg, it is not played in France.

Now, the real issue is the french clubs are unofficially out anyway because of the fact they won't have any competition rythm. They weren't favourites before the crisis and now they are at a clear disavantage.

Heard suggestions it will be discussed by UEFA this week. As it stands;

Aug 8 - Real Madrid 2nd Leg
Aug 15 - One Legged Quarter Final
Aug 22 - One Legged Semi Final
Aug 29 - Final

All games likely to be played at one location (press have speculated various German cities, Lisbon, or Istanbul where the final was originally going to be).

I'd prefer they play them in Hungary or Poland where they have started letting supporters back in to the games (or will have done by August). Not sure how keen they would be on welcoming (potentially) thousands of English supporters though given we have not got it anywhere near under control in comparison. I think they should play the games in a shorter space of time too, so there is a bit of a gap before the next season (rumoured to start on 19th September).

Only reason for playing on those dates is they are Saturdays and it's for a bigger tv audience (money again).

Wednesday, Saturday, Wednesday then the final on the Saturday or Sunday is what it should be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.