Real Madrid 2nd leg - how?!

Heard suggestions it will be discussed by UEFA this week. As it stands;

Aug 8 - Real Madrid 2nd Leg
Aug 15 - One Legged Quarter Final
Aug 22 - One Legged Semi Final
Aug 29 - Final

All games likely to be played at one location (press have speculated various German cities, Lisbon, or Istanbul where the final was originally going to be).

I'd prefer they play them in Hungary or Poland where they have started letting supporters back in to the games (or will have done by August). Not sure how keen they would be on welcoming (potentially) thousands of English supporters though given we have not got it anywhere near under control in comparison. I think they should play the games in a shorter space of time too, so there is a bit of a gap before the next season (rumoured to start on 19th September).
Istanbul in August is a bit warm surely?

Found it. In a good few newspapers. Copied this from the Irish Times

Uefa will hold further talks next week with Turkish officials on moving the event. Istanbul could be picked to host the final at a later date. Leagues that have restarted, or are planning to restart, are adopting strict hygiene protocols to ensure that games can be played safely while the virus remains a danger. Uefa is certain to adopt similar strategies, with games set to take place in empty stadiums and players being tested regularly. With European travel limited, and quarantine laws still in effect in some countries, it is also likely that most of the remaining games will take place at the site picked for the final.

The Spanish news media reported that Uefa was planning to hold this year’s Champions League final, in Lisbon.

Istanbul in August is a bit warm surely?
Don't think its too much different from Portugal or Spain, google says average of 24 degrees, highs of 29. 8pm kick off here is 10pm there too.

I don't think the primary decision on whether or not to play it there or somewhere else will be based on temperature, but local infections rates, suitable hotels and facilities etc. La Liga is resuming with games at 8pm and 10pm local time to allow for the heat, so I imagine if they end up somewhere particularly hot, it will just be played late at night.

Barring the situation here getting worse (which is possible), we'll be able to travel to most European countries by August. I can only think the logic for stretching out the games until 29th August would be to give themselves the best chance of allowing a crowd in, even if its a partial one. UEFA know it is a better spectacle with a crowd, but more importantly it would be a huge hit to UEFA revenue - I'd guess about €15m based on ticket prices.

So another factor for deciding the location maybe where they have been given assurances they will probably be able to let supporters in.

Given most leagues are hopeful of letting supporters in for next season (September-ish), I don't think its an outlandish thought - its just complicated by the international element. But if countries are opening up for tourists I don't see the difference.

97-98% not 70.
Maybe in a research setting but PCR antigen testing is in the real world is nowhere near that because of the quality of sampling. Sensitivity has been shown clinically as 93% for broncho-alveolar lavage, 72% for sputum, 63% for nasal swabs, and only 32% for throat swabs. I would definitely be up for the Real Madrid players having to have a bronchoscopy a day or two before the match.

As we have already played the away leg against Real Madrid. The 2nd leg should still be played at the Etithad, even if it has to be played behind closed doors. There is no way we should be forced to play the 2nd leg at neutral venue. As this would give an advantage to Real Madrid

We all know that UEFA have an agenda against our club. Although they may say something totally different to the press. After all we know that Real Madrid are one of the darling clubs off UEFA, along with Barcelona etc..

So why should they try and give us any advantage what do ever. As far as UEFA are concerned let's give all the help we can to get Real Madrid so that they go through to the quarter finals

As we have already played the away leg against Real Madrid. The 2nd leg should still be played at the Etithad, even if it has to be played behind closed doors. There is no way we should be forced to play the 2nd leg at neutral venue. As this would give an advantage to Real Madrid

We all know that UEFA have an agenda against our club. Although they may say something totally different to the press. After all we know that Real Madrid are one of the darling clubs off UEFA, along with Barcelona etc..

So why should they try and give us any advantage what do ever. As far as UEFA are concerned let's give all the help we can to get Real Madrid so that they go through to the quarter finals
Jesus. Hadn't heard the theory UEFA were responsible for Covid-19 and 372k deaths (thus far), just to make sure City would have to play a game at a neutral venue. Sounds like something they would definitely do though, so you're probably right.

All games at a neutral venue is likely going to be the only way to get the games played, otherwise it'll be December by the time the players have been able to quarantine in between.

I think the talk is playing it all out in one location in August.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.