ebay auctions

Not sure that makes much difference. I just stick my bid on and leave it. I don't hang around and watch the final seconds but i know people do that.

its sometimes worth doing if you want something that bad ? and losing a item for 50p because somebody else beat you to it

its sometimes worth doing if you want something that bad ? and losing a item for 50p because somebody else beat you to it

Not how it works though. Something might be selling for £10 and you think great I will bid £11 at the death. What you don't know is how much the max bid is from the other person - it might be £15. The only difference it makes is if people decide to lump a bit more on toward the end but I never do that. The reality is if you are waiting till the death you are more likely to get carried away and throw a bit more on than you are to get a bargain.

ive bought a few mobility scooters off there, always kept one at home, one at work( a street one) and one in the boot. I paid £90, £220 £103.worth well over 2k in all. happy days. useless now like lol.

Not how it works though. Something might be selling for £10 and you think great I will bid £11 at the death. What you don't know is how much the max bid is from the other person - it might be £15. The only difference it makes is if people decide to lump a bit more on toward the end but I never do that. The reality is if you are waiting till the death you are more likely to get carried away and throw a bit more on than you are to get a bargain.
Use a bid-sniper.. you set the maximum price and it will make a bid with seconds to go.. I do it manually and it’s great seeing the dust settle when I’ve made a bid with 2 seconds to go to see if I’ve won or not.. some you win, some you lose

Use a bid-sniper.. you set the maximum price and it will make a bid with seconds to go.. I do it manually and it’s great seeing the dust settle when I’ve made a bid with 2 seconds to go to see if I’ve won or not.. some you win, some you lose

Quite thrilling in a sad way. I tried once to out think another bidder, went to my maximum and added a penny....won it by a penny. I bet he was gutted, I would have been.

I listed a quality pine king-size bed frame in VGC about 18 months ago. Let the auction run without a reserve price. Sold for 99p. I felt a bit gutted it only reaching that, was worth a lot more. A guy turned looking like he needed a bargain, I think he'd just split up with his Mrs. Picked it up looking well chuffed when he saw what he'd just bought. I felt pleased for him that he was happy with it.

Quite thrilling in a sad way. I tried once to out think another bidder, went to my maximum and added a penny....won it by a penny. I bet he was gutted, I would have been.
Quite a few bidders add an extra penny on mate. I put a nominal random amount on like 7p. More likely to win the bid that way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.