Has anyone on here played professionally?

Golf for 6 years in the late 90's. Couldn't make a good living playing, hated teaching members who didn't listen and wouldn't practice.

Just play socially now.

I used to play 7 a side with Steve Harkness, He was at Liverpool at the time in and around their first team. He was a very good player. Shows how high standard is as he was very ordinary for them.

Never got a sniff myself as I was shit.

I went to school with a lad that ended up playing 6 years for Oldham, went to Luton and ended up getting signed by Keegan for Newcastle where he got injured.

Darren McDomough? He lived up the road from me and was 1 or 2 years above me at school

Remember a school trip to watch him play for England schoolboys v west Germany schoolboys at Wembley, a few weeks after the 81 cup final. That was my first ever visit to Wembley

Darren McDomough? He lived up the road from me and was 1 or 2 years above me at school

Remember a school trip to watch him play for England schoolboys v west Germany schoolboys at Wembley, a few weeks after the 81 cup final. That was my first ever visit to Wembley

You couldn't have lived too far from me then mate.

Went to Junior and Senior school with Garry Jones ex Bolton player(RIP) and was also a mate of his even though he was a Rag he got me ticket for main stand at Burnden park when we played them in the Cup in 1971 he only got a hat trick against us (He only made it really because his Dad pushed him and knew a few scouts) there were a few better footballers at both schools but in those days it was who you knew and not how good you were

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.