Arsenal (h) post-match thread

Is that actually confirmed, that we dug it up and replaced it, I know it was discussed that it had been dug up, but never saw it actually confirmed.
Yes it was and is a brand new pitch
The plan this summer was to dig down and lower it but that now has been postponed till next year
Don't ask me why they want to lower the pitch, because I haven't a clue

The plan this summer was to dig down and lower it but that now has been postponed till next year

Having once had the misfortune to sit on the front row of the Family Stand, I can think of one good reason.

Foden's cameo was a delight to watch. It would be nice to see him and garcia start regularly for the remainder of the matches. Both should get a minimum of 6 starts out of the remaining 9

A lot of the time, he comes on when the game is safe and we have gone into 'keep the ball and save our legs' mode. Understandable. He comes on with energy and desire. He'll get the ball and look to add zip to our play. He'll make a sharp pass and then make a good run off the ball but when his teammates receive the ball from him, they often turn around and pass the ball 20 yds backwards to someone like Walker or Mendy. It must be frustrating for him.

Probably because it gets higher each year, see the swamp, it now has cliffs at the pitch edge, serious risk of injury. It might also help with drainage issues.

Was a bit sceptical beforehand,but I must say I thought we were great,all that talk of Peps not really up for it blah blah was just media bullsht as usual.He is a true professional, and considering recent events, he and the players were as ready as possible. The things that I hadnt missed during the lockdown(annoying punditry and controversy) were both back before a goal had been scored.I have posted my thoughts about Sheffields goal not standing on another thread. The punditry bias in our game was evident from minute one!! Stering not scored this year drummed into you multiple times,Arse havnt lost this year graphic shown/drummed into you multiple times.Probably because sky think more viewers will want us to lose so give em hope,then when it was obvious we were gonna win, a graphic pops up showing that arse have not got a single point off top six this season.WTF!!!! they are happy to make themselves look like twats just to try and please viewers whose team isnt even playing. Sky and co should be grateful of their position of being able to show this sport to the world,but no, they have to be twats, the sooner a decent tv outlet usurps them the better( and that definitely isnt the fcking bbc).
Great post. I didn’t buy the “Pep not bothered” theory either because he lives and breathes football.

A few years ago, I lost a relative in extraordinary circumstances and went through the eye of a storm like I’d never known. Football was my only outlet and I remember coaching my lad’s team on Sunday mornings being a release and celebrating a random Yaya Toure goal away at Villa on telly like a madman.

I was certain that a proud man like Pep would be happy to be back doing his job.

Wasn’t it to make space for more seats?
I seem to remember hearing something on the tour that the stadium doesn’t look at high on the outside nexuses it’s built into a bowl more than other PL grounds.

Or did I just make that up?

I seem to remember hearing something on the tour that the stadium doesn’t look at high on the outside nexuses it’s built into a bowl more than other PL grounds.

The Etihad is built in a hole. You walk in at ground level and on the lower tiers climb down steps to your seat (as you do at Wembley!)

Having once had the misfortune to sit on the front row of the Family Stand, I can think of one good reason.

I wonder how far down they'd have to dig to make any significant difference?
And when you think about the underground heating system and sprinklers, would all the infrastructure for these need to be reworked?

If I recall correctly from the stadium tour, the running track when the stadium was built for common wealth games is level with top of first tier. The pitch is below ground level, and was dug down to accommodate more seats and get them closer to pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.