Considering becoming a vegetarian

It is good though.

Anyway, my post was in direct response to that point.

I see your point.
My point is that we look at Asia for doing things we consider Abhorrent but we’re not too far ahead of them in the treatment and for hygiene. Companies that serve us just slap nice reassuring pictures on the products.

I see your point.
My point is that we look at Asia for doing things we consider Abhorrent but we’re not too far ahead of them in the treatment and for hygiene. Companies that serve us just slap nice reassuring pictures on the products.

Depends what you buy mate but our worst is miles better than some wet markets.

Conveyor belt production of life doesn’t sit entirely well with me but it’s unfortunately the way many can afford meat.

Haha I could level at you that you’ve watched Chicken Run and are feeling guilty.
Never seen it. The fact that animals like chickens lash out. They’re not that stupid, it’s pretty naive to suggest that they don’t realise that death lies ahead. They’re animals with senses
much more acute than humans.

Never seen it. The fact that animals like chickens lash out. They’re not that stupid, it’s pretty naive to suggest that they don’t realise that death lies ahead. They’re animals with senses
much more acute than humans.

That last sentence just isn’t true in the slightest mate.

That last sentence just isn’t true in the slightest mate.
Why isn’t it? I didn’t say intelligence i said senses. Look at pigs, they huddle together and look away, like children. They can smell blood. They do everything they can to get back out the way they came in.
“Oh no, they have no idea whats going on” ok.

Why isn’t it? I didn’t say intelligence i said senses. Look at pigs, they huddle together and look away, like children. They can smell blood. They do everything they can to get back out the way they came in.
“Oh no, they have no idea whats going on” ok.

I never said pigs didn’t know, we were talking about animals killed on a conveyor belt.

What you’ve put in your post doesn’t mean they have “a more acute sense” than humans, that’s simply false.

Intelligence is usually linked to sentience.

I never said pigs didn’t know, we were talking about animals killed on a conveyor belt.

What you’ve put in your post doesn’t mean they have “a more acute sense” than humans, that’s simply false.

Intelligence is usually linked to sentience.
Senses*. Animals have senses that our much more stronger than ours. Humans have a stronger ability to reason but animals are much more likely to survive in the wild, they’re senses playing a roll in that. Like sense of smell, sight, et cetera.
Anyway,
most humans don’t eat conveyor belt animals

Senses*. Animals have senses that our much more stronger than ours. Humans have a stronger ability to reason but animals are much more likely to survive in the wild, they’re senses playing a roll in that. Like sense of smell, sight, et cetera.
Anyway,
most humans don’t eat conveyor belt animals

Yes but would a chicken’s senses make it more likely than a human, being sat on a line to be chopped?

We’re talking about self awareness in that situation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.