Considering becoming a vegetarian

The world’s cruel, animals eat other animals.

No other species breeds another en masse, treats them like shit, then slaughters them purely for their own consumption, though.

By the way, the Gorilla shouldn't have been in the enclosure to begin with, then that scenario wouldn't happen.

OK Veggies, it is serious question time.
We are all aware of the damage we are doing to the planet. If you are a 100% Veggie is a lot of the food you eat imported and does it harm the environment, i.e. chopping rain forest down to plant crops.

It shouldn't be a situation where we put ourselves into opposing camps. I know the vast majority of people are concerned with global warming and even how animals are treated. People who eat meat don't want the animals mistreated and kept in terrible conditions either.

I think everyone needs to think what can I do to reduce the problem. That could be taking fewer car journeys, flying less, missing a couple of days eating meat for health as well as environmental reasons. To try and buy meat that is as ethical as possible.

Getting entrenched in us v them is not the way forward. The environment being helped wasn't as important to me as the plight of the animals, but it would have an added beneficial impact is we reduced consumption. I would never tell anybody they need to do it, but ask them to look at the science and maybe think about reducing and demanding the animals are treated with more respect and compassion. Crating animals as breeding machines that never see a blade of grass to me is cruelty. I just hope others see that too and buy meat that doesn't involve that. I also have to.say I'm a soppy bastard about animals and I know everyone isn't the same. I also took too long to stop eating meat so I can say fuck all to anyone.

I don’t need to take any supplements mate, give blood regular and as seen on the running and cycling threads I’m as active as anyone.
As I’ve said I’m not going to try and change anyone’s opinion, each to their own, and I went down this route mainly for fitness/sport reasons.
If you’ve not already watched them I recommend game changers and plant nation, both on Amazon. There’s another documentary about heart disease I watched but can’t remember the name of it, that recommended plant based also.

I went down the Vegan route in November and admittedly I struggled to maintain it, so now consider myself a vegetarian/imperfect Vegan. Chocolate and sweet stuff still proves a weakness but bar this I have changed to oat milk, dropped cheese, yoghurt and only have an egg very occasionally.

Similarly I watched game changers and focused on the fitness element, but also it gave me an avenue to improve my personal impact on the planet, something previously I was concerned about but had never made any sacrifices for personally.

Like you I can only speak myself but the change has been noticeable. No longer do I come home from work feeling tired, bloated after meals, regularly drained of energy.

Over the past 6 mths I have dropped a stone and a half in weight, returning to a weight I have been nowhere near in years and my runs and speed of recovery are reminiscent to how I was in my youth. Furthermore my moods seem more positive and I feel less irritable.

Of course it could also be coincidental but I today I have ran a 14k, two dog walks and I am still sat here itching to get out or thinking about my planned sea swim tomorrow.

It shouldn't be a situation where we put ourselves into opposing camps. I know the vast majority of people are concerned with global warming and even how animals are treated. People who eat meat don't want the animals mistreated and kept in terrible conditions either.

I think everyone needs to think what can I do to reduce the problem. That could be taking fewer car journeys, flying less, missing a couple of days eating meat for health as well as environmental reasons. To try and buy meat that is as ethical as possible.

Getting entrenched in us v them is not the way forward. The environment being helped wasn't as important to me as the plight of the animals, but it would have an added beneficial impact is we reduced consumption. I would never tell anybody they need to do it, but ask them to look at the science and maybe think about reducing and demanding the animals are treated with more respect and compassion. Crating animals as breeding machines that never see a blade of grass to me is cruelty. I just hope others see that too and buy meat that doesn't involve that. I also have to.say I'm a soppy bastard about animals and I know everyone isn't the same. I also took too long to stop eating meat so I can say fuck all to anyone.
MP for President!

Eggs....
The chickens lay them regardless, why would people not eat them...Ok, mass produced I could see an issue but why not eat free range, my chickens are wandering around somewhere having a great time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.