Considering becoming a vegetarian

Yes but would a chickens senses make it more likely than a human, being sat on a line to be chopped?
Dunno, but, thought id point out that the original point you responded to wasn’t about chickens. It was just animals. And I couldn’t say if they would know more. But I would say they definitely know.

Dunno, but, thought id point out that the original point you responded to wasn’t about chickens. It was just animals. And I couldn’t say if they would know more. But I would say they definitely know.

Humans are more self aware and more sentient than all other creatures.

Understanding the situation you’re in and if you’re a being sent to death is a case of intelligence and no other creature comes close.

Humans are more self aware and more sentient than all other creatures.

Understanding the situation you’re in and if you’re a being sent to death is a case of intelligence and no other creature comes close.

So we feel the fear more than them so it doesn’t matter if they feel fear? Im not sure I understand your point is. You’re more aware than a child so, go ahead and eat one.

So we feel the fear more than them so it doesn’t matter if they feel fear? Im not sure I understand your point is. You’re more aware than a child so, go ahead and eat one.

I’m not getting on to the whole treating animals exactly the same as humans line again.

The type of people that wouldn’t shoot the gorilla if a baby fell in its cage scare the shit out of me.

My point is that they’re a different species, that we’ve always eaten, since before we were even human and meat is a natural part of our diet.

The world’s cruel, animals eat other animals.

I’m not getting on to the whole treating animals exactly the same as humans line again.

The type of people that wouldn’t shoot the gorilla if a baby fell in its cage scare the shit out of me.

My point is that they’re a different species, that we’ve always eaten, since before we were even human and meat is a natural part of our diet.

The world’s cruel, animals eat other animals.

You’re missing the point. I don’t condone eating babies haha!

The points you’re making you can use to justify anything.

I’ve never seen anyone suggesting you shouldn’t save a baby from a gorilla, but I’m sure they exist. However I don’t and I’m pretty sure the people on this thread dont.

The idea we’ve done something is no reason to keep doing it. Using your argument you could argue for slavery, it’s something that humans have done for the vast majority of human history.
Humans have raped for the vast amount of our history. Ultimately treated other people as lessers for the majority of our history. It doesn’t hold up. In debate. Worlds cruel. Might as well fuck it.

Edit: there’s a difference between considering an animal equal and treating it with respect. Theres a massive difference.

You’re missing the point. I don’t condone eating babies haha!

The points you’re making you can use to justify anything.

I’ve never seen anyone suggesting you shouldn’t save a baby from a gorilla, but I’m sure they exist. However I don’t and I’m pretty sure the people on this thread dont.

The idea we’ve done something is no reason to keep doing it. Using your argument you could argue for slavery, it’s something that humans have done for the vast majority of human history.
Humans have raped for the vast amount of our history. Ultimately treated other people as lessers for the majority of our history. It doesn’t hold up. In debate. Worlds cruel. Might as well fuck it.

Not anyone on this thread, no but I remember there were the last time it happened!

I mean, comparing rape to eating meat is pretty out there as a point. Rape has a human victim, eating meat doesn’t. I put humans on a higher level than animals.

A diet is totally different to committing an something even ancient humans knew as totally immoral.

Humans have always raped but not a majority of humans, only evil ones. The vast majority of humans have always eaten meat, it’s part of the human diet.

Depends what you buy mate but our worst is miles better than some wet markets.

Conveyor belt production of life doesn’t sit entirely well with me but it’s unfortunately the way many can afford meat.
True but I remember when I was a kid and meat wasn’t eaten as much in our house as nowadays, we had shite like spam and luncheon meat of course but I’m talking chicken breasts and steaks.... the fact they’re now so often served and cheap is down to the mass produced stuff, id rather just not eat it any longer.

True but I remember when I was a kid and meat wasn’t eaten as much in our house as nowadays, we had shite like spam and luncheon meat of course but I’m talking chicken breasts and steaks.... the fact they’re now so often served and cheap is down to the mass produced stuff, id rather just not eat it any longer.

Your decision and I respect that.

For the record I only usually eat meat in one meal a day and tonight I only 3 small meat balls with my main course, it’s all I’ve eaten meat wise today.

1. You used past tense, as did I, eating meat is still necessary for many around the world.

2. They don’t, because they’re below us in the food chain. Just as a gazelle doesn’t choose whether or not a lion wants to eat it.

3. Several of my friends are vegetarian and vegan and I think most take at least something supplement wise, what does that tell you?

4. I really don’t get this point still. You’ve admitted you treat humans differently to animals yourself by the baby-in-the-gorilla-cage point, we know black people are the same as white people, it’s only ignorants that don’t think like that, both past and present. It’s a weird point to make when talking about eating meat.

Anyway, what’s your goal here? The majority eat meat and will continue to, why can’t we just let people choose and get on with it?
I don’t need to take any supplements mate, give blood regular and as seen on the running and cycling threads I’m as active as anyone.
As I’ve said I’m not going to try and change anyone’s opinion, each to their own, and I went down this route mainly for fitness/sport reasons.
If you’ve not already watched them I recommend game changers and plant nation, both on Amazon. There’s another documentary about heart disease I watched but can’t remember the name of it, that recommended plant based also.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.