COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for the 2m rule being reduced - we have to open up the economy - but only if case mumbers drop sufficiently in an area and infection rates remain low.
Pubs should ideally operate outside and should probably have to remove windows and dramatically improve ventilation during opening hours with numbers strictly limited and clear perspex screens should probably be deployed where face to face seating arrangements are allowed.

Last edited:
Skimming the news. I see reports of local outbreaks from a lot of meat processing plants in the UK and around the world.
I wonder what the connection is?

Is the virus coming in with the meat?
It can survive longer on raw meat?
Poor hygiene at these plants?
Or are animals spreading it without being effected and testing negative?

12⁰ C max operating temperature, poor ventilation and close working conditions. Perfect for the virus to spread.

Worrying for the UK Autumn (from mid October), Wnter and Spring (till mid April).

Last edited:
Everybody on Facebook now is posting pictures of themselves round their friends house, or posing with friends with their arms round each other. Or saying things like "first time I've seen my mate for so long" or "was lovely getting cuddles off my grandkids for the first time in months today"

I must have missed Boris Johnson's big announcement that social distancing has now been scrapped and you go anywhere and see anyone.

Everybody on Facebook now is posting pictures of themselves round their friends house, or posing with friends with their arms round each other. Or saying things like "first time I've seen my mate for so long" or "was lovely getting cuddles off my grandkids for the first time in months today"

I must have missed Boris Johnson's big announcement that social distancing has now been scrapped and you go anywhere and see anyone.

Cummings did it for him.

26 deaths in England hospitals reported from yesterday. 7 from yesterday. The 19th has risen to 22 after 2 days. the 18th to 36 after 3 days and none at all added to 17th (still 42 after 4 days), 16th (still 50 after 5 days) or the 15th (still 50 after 6 days).

Only 4 of the 26 from the North West.

It is weekend so that has to be remembered. Always low.

Last Sunday the all settings total was just 36.

The England hospital total last Sunday was 27 (only 1 more) and there were only 4 deaths (v 7) reported from the Saturday.

Last edited:
Scotland reports 0 deaths today. With 26 new cases (same as yesterday). 518 (-1) in hospital with Covid confirmed and 16 in ICU (+2).

26 deaths in England hospitals reported from yesterday. 7 from yesterday. The 19th has risen to 22 after 2 days. the 18th to 36 after 3 days and none at all added to 17th (still 42 after 4 days), 16th (still 50 after 5 days) or the 15th (still 50 after 6 days).

Only 4 of the 26 from the North West.

It is weekend so that has to be remembered. Always low.

Last Sunday the all settings total was just 36.

The England hospital total last Sunday was 27 (only 1 more) and there were only 4 deaths (v 7) reported from the Saturday.
None in Ireland or Scotland and just one in Wales making total of 27. Similar to last Sunday I think.

Are you for real? You tagged me in a post saying I am having a nightmare because of my options on lung issues (which I've never commented on) and then gloating because someone said antibodies don't protect you or last long. I wasn't even involved in the conversation and you have the cheek to say I've personally attacked you. Don't start tagging people and making stuff up if you don't want a response.
Trust me,nothing about this has me gloating

None in Ireland or Scotland and just one in Wales making total of 27. Similar to last Sunday I think.

It was 31 in all UK hospitals last Sunday. So a drop of 4. From what was the lowest daily hospital total since the early days of the outbreak then. So this is the new low. With the Sunday caveat.

Assuming the Welsh death was actually from yesterday that is just 8 deaths occurring in UK hospitals that happened yesterday. Though it will have been more because of delayed registrations it is still something few will notice.

Scottish new case numbers almost the same last Sunday as today too.

N Ireland had 4 new cases yesterday.

But worryingly Wales found 100 new cases. Which is rather high. The first time any home nation other than England has been in 3 figures lately as far as I recall.

Last edited:

Well he said you can go and shag your partner so I reckon a granny cuddle is ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.