Kalidou Koulibaly

Koulibaly and alaba fix this defense. Koulibaly laporte partner. Alaba left back 1st team and cover for mendy. Sell cancelo and use couto as walkers backup. If ppl still want a laporte backup tah is a cheap transfer that could be a huge gem under pep.

Walker couto
Alaba mendy
Koulibaly stones
Laporte alaba/tah

Cancelo nico angelino and zinchenko sold covers at least half of defensive transfers. We dont need another rb. We didnt need Danilo or cancelo!!! The games they played maffeo or frimpong could of played, so give this young Brazilian lad a go.
Tah is Wes Morgan in disguise.

Tah is Wes Morgan in disguise.
Apart from 2 years ago he was one of the most promising cbs in the world. Power, pace, composure, passing short and long, leadership, aerial power, intelligence. A couple of injuries set him back, a run of games free from injury and I reckon you are looking at a £50m cb. Plus hes still young and cheap. Look at bailey as well, super potential 2 years ago but struggling now. Maybe the clubs training is poor, maybe overplayed who knows but both were class prospects but stalled through injury.

I can see your comparison in his power, leadership and aerial ability, but his technical side and potential far exceed wes Morgan.

Apart from 2 years ago he was one of the most promising cbs in the world. Power, pace, composure, passing short and long, leadership, aerial power, intelligence. A couple of injuries set him back, a run of games free from injury and I reckon you are looking at a £50m cb. Plus hes still young and cheap. Look at bailey as well, super potential 2 years ago but struggling now. Maybe the clubs training is poor, maybe overplayed who knows but both were class prospects but stalled through injury.

I can see your comparison in his power, leadership and aerial ability, but his technical side and potential far exceed wes Morgan.
He's got a technical side? He's got the subtlety of a breeze block, a decent cross-field diagonal and a decent punt over the top when there is acres of space to play it into and that's it. Can you honestly imagine with the size of the fucker him nimbly playing out from the back with short, quick, incisive passes and having the agility to make multiple changes of direction to create space and angles for the next pass? Give me a break.

There's very few players of that size who that have that ability, Yaya Toure was one but we all know he was a freak of nature technically, so please don't use him as a comparison.

As for potential, what do you think he can improve?

He's got a technical side? He's got the subtlety of a breeze block, a decent cross-field diagonal and a decent punt over the top when there is acres of space to play it into and that's it. Can you honestly imagine with the size of the fucker him nimbly playing out from the back with short, quick, incisive passes and having the agility to make multiple changes of direction to create space and angles for the next pass? Give me a break.

There's very few players of that size who that have that ability, Yaya Toure was one but we all know he was a freak of nature technically, so please don't use him as a comparison.

As for potential, what do you think he can improve?
Considering hes 24 theres plenty he can improve. His balance, his work ethic, his quick passing, basically he can improve many things like every 24 year old. I could say if you didnt watch vvd and just went off his stature everything you said could be said about him. Yet ppl rate him as best in the world and 1 of our biggest mistakes. Anyway a forum is about opinions. Mine being this "breeze block" player under pep could be an absolute beast.

Considering hes 24 theres plenty he can improve. His balance, his work ethic, his quick passing, basically he can improve many things like every 24 year old. I could say if you didnt watch vvd and just went off his stature everything you said could be said about him. Yet ppl rate him as best in the world and 1 of our biggest mistakes. Anyway a forum is about opinions. Mine being this "breeze block" player under pep could be an absolute beast.
Fair enough, if that's what you believe, we're a million miles apart on this one.

As for VVD, he's muscular but also very lean and Tah just isn't. It's like comparing Andy Morrison and John Stones, if you take it to extremities.

I know this is the transfer forum and stupidity is the order of the day, but I really don't get posting this.

What's it supposed to say? Don't buy a world class defender because he made a mistake?

I guess we should never have gone near this bloke.

Van Dijk gifted Wolves a goal with an absolute howler this season. Guess he's shit too.

Fair enough, if that's what you believe, we're a million miles apart on this one.

As for VVD, he's muscular but also very lean and Tah just isn't. It's like comparing Andy Morrison and John Stones, if you take it to extremities.
People just see different things pal.

I know this is the transfer forum and stupidity is the order of the day, but I really don't get posting this.

What's it supposed to say? Don't buy a world class defender because he made a mistake?

I guess we should never have gone near this bloke.

Maybe it's meant to say that Kalidou is not this surefire, impossible to fail, world class for 3+ more years, must have defender?

Especially when he is 29? Played about 50% of available games because of injury and poor fitness.

Especially when the majority of our signings need 1 year to adapt to Pep's way of playing?

After all Kalidou has never played in the premier League, so why do you think he will hit the ground running like Laporte did?
When Laporte was 23 & at the top of his game when he joined?
Kalidou would be 29 and battled fitness issues all season long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.