Kalidou Koulibaly

Maybe we are desperate in the meantime to pay

Listen to Pep. Dinho's legs are not able to cover DM anymore.
Surely you understand the immense difference in workrate between DM and CB?
That ship has sailed since summer 2019.

We already see his legs are not able to cover counter situations as a CB.
He still has enough value for a season, but not as a starter, as a cover.
Be realistic, times have changed.
Surely that was the he reason Rodri came in as cover to take the workload of him . Don’t care what anyone says to he decision to put him in defence has had a major impact on our season.

Pep won’t play him there any more, why can’t you get your head around that fact.

Its interesting you have to reply in such a way and also with such presumption

I know its highly unlikely/a certainty Pep will play him in such a way......BUT..... he, in my opinion, is still our best defensive midfield option.

Hope that clears it up for you

Surely that was the he reason Rodri came in as cover to take the workload of him . Don’t care what anyone says to he decision to put him in defence has had a major impact on our season.
No, Rodri didn't come as cover for Fernandinho. The intention was always for Fernandinho to provide cover at centre back, Laporte's injury meant he played more than was intended. Laporte's injury was the major impact on our season.

In your opinion, not in Peps, so he won't play in midfield ahead of Rodri and Gundogan no matter how many times anyone posts it.

Oh yeah its just an opinion but also one shared by quite a few I would guess, based on the fact as you say the amount of posts by it (not just by me).
Who do you think is the best defensive midfield option - lets say in a crucial game, everyone fit, against an elite team?

Maybe we are desperate in the meantime to pay

Listen to Pep. Dinho's legs are not able to cover DM anymore - based on his covering of our defense this season I would say that opinion is debatable

Surely you understand the immense difference in workrate between DM and CB? - yes i understand it clearly, and again his work rate at centre half has shown that he can still do it - rodri is far less mobile and gundogan looks like he is moving in cement especially when on recovary runs - If Pep wont play ferna there (and I believe he wont) then we need a btter option than what we have. Its also not about the legs but about the brain and ferna was one of the best at being in the right palce a the right time as he saw the danger quicker - rodri doesnt at the moment and gundogan is oblvivous to it and no one can tell me ferna isnt a better option than Gundogan - thats just bullshit im afraid

We already see his legs are not able to cover counter situations as a CB - completely disagree - he cant match the speedsters upfront (but i doubt he ever could - he was never about blistering pace - he was about reading the game with a good level of mobility which he still has

He still has enough value for a season, but not as a starter, as a cover - i would disagree -but that goes back to the point that we therefore need someone better in the 6 role - rodri is ok in most average games, Gundogan is a liability in the defensive sense -he is shit at it I would goas far to say

you mean Aaron Cresswell? He’s 30 years old, not sure what kind of fee would be required.

The leftback dilemma is still a tough one. Not many outstanding available. I wouldn’t be against bringing Angelino back. He’s better than Zinchenko. Then the funds can be used on a midfielder/winger. Koulibaly is a must imo, if we sign only one player this window it has to be him.

I think the liverpool game showed why Angelino isnt good enough - i dont think he played much after that did he?

Oh yeah its just an opinion but also one shared by quite a few I would guess, based on the fact as you say the amount of posts by it (not just by me).
Who do you think is the best defensive midfield option - lets say in a crucial game, everyone fit, against an elite team?
This season with the defence in dissaray after Laporte's injury then Fernandinho, except he was needed at c.b. Next season if the defence is Walker Koulibaly, Laporte, new left back., and then a choice of Rodri or a 35 year old Fernandinho then Rodri for me. That's my opinion, and others will have a different one which is fair enough.
What I don't get is those saying buy a centre back then we will see Fernandinho back in midfield because we all know Pep doesn't share that opinion.

This season with the defence in dissaray after Laporte's injury then Fernandinho, except he was needed at c.b. Next season if the defence is Walker Koulibaly, Laporte, new left back., and then a choice of Rodri or a 35 year old Fernandinho then Rodri for me. That's my opinion, and others will have a different one which is fair enough.
What I don't get is those saying buy a centre back then we will see Fernandinho back in midfield because we all know Pep doesn't share that opinion.

Absolutely he was needed there this season - completely agree, no arguement. I think he did ok as well

If it was me I would like you say buy a centre back and left back (All our options at present are shit), sell Gundogan, keep Rodri and have Ferna as well but to rotate with rodri - in the biggest games it would be Ferna for me still - Rodri could move above him in the peckign order btu my reservations about Rodri are his lack of mobility and his recovery - neither which are great. His reading of the game is fantastic and his ability with the ball at his feet is also good. Id say his passing is on a par with ferna's (though look at mahrez goal vs Burnely - it was from a ferna diagonal ball

just cause Pep doesnt share that opinion doesnt mean it cant be debatable or even questioned

Absolutely he was needed there this season - completely agree, no arguement. I think he did ok as well

If it was me I would like you say buy a centre back and left back (All our options at present are shit), sell Gundogan, keep Rodri and have Ferna as well but to rotate with rodri - in the biggest games it would be Ferna for me still - Rodri could move above him in the peckign order btu my reservations about Rodri are his lack of mobility and his recovery - neither which are great. His reading of the game is fantastic and his ability with the ball at his feet is also good. Id say his passing is on a par with ferna's (though look at mahrez goal vs Burnely - it was from a ferna diagonal ball

just cause Pep doesnt share that opinion doesnt mean it cant be debatable or even questioned
Don’t get me wrong, I’d prefer to see Dinho play in midfield, we are just saying it’s pointless discussing something that’ll never happen, and that’s direct from Pep’s mouth.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d prefer to see Dinho play in midfield, we are just saying it’s pointless discussing something that’ll never happen, and that’s direct from Pep’s mouth.

Fair enough and I know thats what Pep has said - doesnt mean he cant be wrong however as well and I think he is - not that what I think in anyway matters whatsoever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.