Is left back really a problem?

Cannot believe people still don’t see left back has a problem . Both left backs are shocking and wouldn’t even get in a mid table premier team let alone a top tier team . I give zinchenko a bit of a pass seen as he is not a left back and has been forced into which is lucky for him because he would never get anywhere near this team otherwise . Mendy is shit end off and the biggest waste of money I’ve known at city . Angelino is a strange one as I don’t believe he has truly been given a chance but I think he wants out anyway. To have any chance of regaining the title this needs addressing in the summer .

Yes. I don’t think we need to spend a fortune. I don’t really see any exceptionally gifted players in that position anyway. We just need somebody that is competent defensively, able to get up and down the pitch and able to pass the ball. I think it’s an area where we can take a reasonable amount of risk.

Mendy has like 10% pass completion so far this match. And his crossing, which was his redeeming quality, is now gone

Zinny, while solid in possession and seldom makes misstakes, is not a natural fullback. He has the overlapping instinct of a goalkepper and is not particularly fast or physical

We should sell one of them and get a new LB in mu opinion. Maybe Telles or Tagliafico on the cheap

Edit: Mendy definitely improved second half

Last edited:
What people are forgetting a bit is that we spent big on Mendy and therefore likely on his pay packet. I'm not sure it's realistic to expect us to get another big signing at left back due to budget.

No. If Mendy can prove his fitness he is more than good enough. On the whole he’s been playing well. Sadly he’s made errors that lead to goals that has raised eyebrows. Problem is the amount we paid for him everyone expects Robertson and he hasn’t had that flow of games to get into the “groove” if he stays fit he will change opinions I reckon. If he stays fit, 48 prem games in 166 he’s played doesn’t back it up of course.

If we get a new LB we should sell Zinchenko and Angelino and keep Mendy in my opinion. He's good enough to challenge for a starting spot if he can improve on consistency. Would also not have to change tactics for the fullbacks given that both Mendy and a new fullback would probably play wide and overlapping, whereas Zinny has to play inverted in midfield

No. If Mendy can prove his fitness he is more than good enough. On the whole he’s been playing well. Sadly he’s made errors that lead to goals that has raised eyebrows. Problem is the amount we paid for him everyone expects Robertson and he hasn’t had that flow of games to get into the “groove” if he stays fit he will change opinions I reckon. If he stays fit, 48 prem games in 166 he’s played doesn’t back it up of course.
I watched his first touch at times tonight and his attempts to head a ball and genuinely wondered how he is anywhere near our team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.