kdb foden
bernardo gundogan

mahraz sterling
bernardo foden

aguero
jesus

maybe add the yuang braff and not more.

In: Alaba/Ake, Koulibaly, Grealish.

Out: Bravo, Stones, Otamendi, Zinchenko, Angelino, David Silva.

Ederson, Steffen, Carson

Koulibaly, Laporte, Fernandinho, Garcia, Harwood-Bellis

Walker, Cancelo, Couto, Alaba/Ake, Mendy (we could maybe look at Couto in preseason and decide whether or not he can be second choice, if so, sell Cancelo)

Rodri, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Foden, Grealish, Doyle

Mahrez, Sterling, Bernardo, Braaf

Aguero, Jesus

Id add to the out list
Mendy - in - someone who can defend!
Gundogan - Aouar in to replace him

But I think thats a step too far financially in one go
It might be just me but I'd disagree. I think Gundogan is a terrific servant for us, not as flash as most want but has been consistent for a while now. That's not to say I wouldn't take Auoar I just think there are more glaring needs within our squad. Mendy is now starting to repay the massive outlay we paid for him and now we should sell? I'm not convinced, you don't sell when your asset is at a low particularly when there's a player in there (somewhere). Mendy makes stupid mistakes but as a defender I don't think he's that bad. The same for Stones IMO. If Newcastle, Everton or Arsenal put £50 mill for each player I'd snap their hand off and laugh to the bank. However if we get these two with a run of games IMO I think we have two unbelievable players and it just took a bit (a fucking lot) of faith.

I said this a while ago, I feel like he's made for the prem
There's always a worry when signing a player that hasn't quite made his big move work. You either get a travelling player who will take big pay days or you get the player with the bit between his teeth and something to prove. If we get a heavy discounted later scenario player then great. I've not seen much of him to make that assumption is he that good in your opinion? Personally i'd sooner a winger/wide player to come instead of a central striker.

If we can get the right result from CAS hopefully khaldoon and pep are pissed off at the drop off this season and make the right signings to get us right back above the scouse twats!

If we can get the right result from CAS hopefully khaldoon and pep are pissed off at the drop off this season and make the right signings to get us right back above the scouse twats!
With the relaxation of FFP we have to spend big this summer. Koulibaly Aouar and Havertz would be ideal for me.

It might be just me but I'd disagree. I think Gundogan is a terrific servant for us, not as flash as most want but has been consistent for a while now. That's not to say I wouldn't take Auoar I just think there are more glaring needs within our squad. Mendy is now starting to repay the massive outlay we paid for him and now we should sell? I'm not convinced, you don't sell when your asset is at a low particularly when there's a player in there (somewhere). Mendy makes stupid mistakes but as a defender I don't think he's that bad. The same for Stones IMO. If Newcastle, Everton or Arsenal put £50 mill for each player I'd snap their hand off and laugh to the bank. However if we get these two with a run of games IMO I think we have two unbelievable players and it just took a bit (a fucking lot) of faith.

i agree on stones

I completely disagree on Mendy - he is defensively weak - positionally bad (especially when the ball is coming in from the opposite side), cant head a ball very well at all, his tackling is poor and his concentration/focus is off. His body shape when he goes one to one with attackers is all over the place (and unbalanced) and for a big guy he gets far too easily out muscled. Even his attacking play (which I know he is good at) isnt great. People point to the crosses he put in in the last couple of games as signs that he is getting back to what he can do - I completely disagree - against chelsea he knew Kun and Jesus werent on the pitch yet was still putting balls across the 6 yd area without looking expecting them to be there -he needs to be cleverer than that and actually think and look to see where his team mates were (Obviously you could criticise Bernardo and whoever else was attacking for not being there - but you have to remember that they aint centre forwards and therefore wouldnt neccessarily make the same run as Kun/Jesus - Mendy didnt appreciate this.

i agree on stones

I completely disagree on Mendy - he is defensively weak - positionally bad (especially when the ball is coming in from the opposite side), cant head a ball very well at all, his tackling is poor and his concentration/focus is off. His body shape when he goes one to one with attackers is all over the place (and unbalanced) and for a big guy he gets far too easily out muscled. Even his attacking play (which I know he is good at) isnt great. People point to the crosses he put in in the last couple of games as signs that he is getting back to what he can do - I completely disagree - against chelsea he knew Kun and Jesus werent on the pitch yet was still putting balls across the 6 yd area without looking expecting them to be there -he needs to be cleverer than that and actually think and look to see where his team mates were (Obviously you could criticise Bernardo and whoever else was attacking for not being there - but you have to remember that they aint centre forwards and therefore wouldnt neccessarily make the same run as Kun/Jesus - Mendy didnt appreciate this.
I'd put it on the flip side and say to the midfielders why aren't we getting closer to the goal when Mendy has that delivery? I agree it's not instinctive for Bernardo to run in there but he certainly should be. It was a game I thought he didn't play great in but that's by the by. And there is also Mahrez who should gambling at the back post (something we have grown accustomed to with Sterling). Again agree to disagree but I'd say against Newcastle AND Chelsea he's looked really good. Sadly He and Gundog messed up royally for the first goal. I can honestly say I've not seen a game where he's been beaten completely one v one. Everyone's talking how good Chilwell is for £80 mill but Mahrez had him on toast (time and time and time and time again). I've never seen Mendy embarrassed like that other than his own doing a la Wolves and Chelsea.

I'd put it on the flip side and say to the midfielders why aren't we getting closer to the goal when Mendy has that delivery? I agree it's not instinctive for Bernardo to run in there but he certainly should be. It was a game I thought he didn't play great in but that's by the by. And there is also Mahrez who should gambling at the back post (something we have grown accustomed to with Sterling). Again agree to disagree but I'd say against Newcastle AND Chelsea he's looked really good. Sadly He and Gundog messed up royally for the first goal. I can honestly say I've not seen a game where he's been beaten completely one v one. Everyone's talking how good Chilwell is for £80 mill but Mahrez had him on toast (time and time and time and time again). I've never seen Mendy embarrassed like that other than his own doing a la Wolves and Chelsea.

Agree on Mahrez definitely -he should be doing so much more in my opinion - jury is STILL out on him as far as m concerned.

He was appalling for the first goal on at least 2 occaisions in the one incident.

Chilwell would be an improvement BUT not at that price. - Id prefer an unknown to Chilwell if thats the money you are going to have to pay.

Mendy is just a disaster waiting to happen but one we are going to have to put up with for at least another season - he needs to step up BIG time to get a reprieve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.