Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if a loan is the best option
Get him playing and confidence up
He is a good player just needs to show it and then hopefully come back stronger

I wonder if a loan is the best option
Get him playing and confidence up
He is a good player just needs to show it and then hopefully come back stronger
The problem with that is that his contract is up in 2022, and we've just seen what happens to a club's ability to negotiate a decent transfer fee when you wait until a player's final year to sell him. That's the position we would be in if he returns from his loan and we still want to sell. And giving him an extended contract just so we can loan him out is equally risky for multiple reasons.

Last edited:
Feel a bit sorry for him..

He had the potential to be one of our long term centre backs when we signed him..

Early doors he looked, composed, quick and integrated into the team well..

However, his injuries and issues off the pitch have not helped, culminating in him not playing regularly thus knocking his confidence when he eventually got a start..

Probably best for everyone that he moves on and has a fresh start elsewhere..

We look like we are about to go through a bit of a major squad rebuild and it looks like he may be one of the players to leave..

I have a feeling he may end up at Arsenal but wherever he ends up I'll wish him all the best..

Incisive passing, strong in the tackle, good aerial presence, clean sheet.

Good start.

We don’t need to spend £70 million on a centre back!!

we have him and need to spend the money on a LB and a forward

Why’s that then win the league 2 times with Stones, him fit and confident with Laporte is best pairing in the league

A huge ask and an even bigger risk to take that chance. We didn’t replace Vinny and went all in on Laporte leading the defence and it has cost us a title challenge. To do it once is frustrating, to do it twice would be pure negligence.

[waits for the inevitable “it was *only* Newcastle” comments in response to justified praise for Stones’ performance today]

Incisive passing, strong in the tackle, good aerial presence, clean sheet.

Good start.

How can you be strong in the tackle when not even attempting a tackle in the match?
We completed 3 tackles all game(Dave 2, Ota 1)

He won 60%(3/5) of his aerial challenges compared to Ota who won 100%(7/7).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.