John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinny played more games last season than Stones has this. Vinny was also 10 times the footballer Stones will ever be and had leadership qualities and a mentality that Stones can only dream of having.

nah stones is a better footballer player then vinny ever Was. Vinny couldn’t play; he could had it and kick it and tackle but he’s hasn’t the technical ability of stones.

vinny signed at 22 years of age same as stones and as 22 year olds stones was way ahead. He’s been unlucky with injuries , vinny turned into a tip centre back after 4 years at club why can’t stones do the same ?

nah stones is a better footballer player then vinny ever Was. Vinny couldn’t play; he could had it and kick it and tackle but he’s hasn’t the technical ability of stones.

vinny signed at 22 years of age same as stones and as 22 year olds stones was way ahead. He’s been unlucky with injuries , vinny turned into a tip centre back after 4 years at club why can’t stones do the same ?
Kompany's always been a determined motherfucker. Stones seems to be a bit more fragile. Optimistically there's still hope for Stones that as he ages he matures enough to move past whatever his issues are.

Oh come on. At his best Vinny was the best CB in the Prem and one of the best in the world. Stones has never even been the best CB at his club and at the moment is seemingly behind a 19 year old kid in the pecking order. You can’t seriously want to go into next season without buying a top CB and resting our hopes on Stones being a) fit and b) any good?

Yeah no surprise. He has run out of chances. We'll buy two CBs. 1 HG CB and top foreign CB to take Ota's spot.

just good to see him back on the pitch

Has Pep said he is leaving - Pep said pre game that they will look at things in the summer - has he said something after the match?

I always want him to come good but then I've always got the thought in the back of my mind that he'll be our equivalent of Phil Jones; a handful of error-free games where everyone thinks he's become steady, followed by a bit of slapstick comedy to lose us a game, followed by niggling injuries, followed by us all looking at each other ten years later and wondering why the fuck he's still here.

He's still got my backing because I want him to succeed but it got to the point a while ago where I stopped thinking he would.

He wasn't really tested last night but looked like Desailly in comparison to Otamendi.

I think he will stay as 5th choice.

We won't get much selling him now, and with almost 0 gap between seasons we will need as deep a squad as possible. Keep him, give him a chance to play his way back into some form and sell him in 2021 if he isn't back on track to being a world class defender.

Oh come on. At his best Vinny was the best CB in the Prem and one of the best in the world. Stones has never even been the best CB at his club and at the moment is seemingly behind a 19 year old kid in the pecking order. You can’t seriously want to go into next season without buying a top CB and resting our hopes on Stones being a) fit and b) any good?

Yes when he turned about 27 he’s wasn’t in his first few seasons.

Can see it from mile away that this guy is not good enough for City.

Absolutely dogshit. Astonished there are some who want to keep him! What the hell?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.