#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
well Firmino's cut from the same cloth. Jesus has had a lot more chances comparatively than Mane for those chances, in fact before this weekend out of the top 20 goalscorers in the league Jesus was 3rd or 4th for number of chances despite his minutes, another 7 will only add to that. 1 goal, despite an otherwise really positive performance, sums up the problem with him. It should have been 4-0 at half-time given the chances and he should have been coming off with a hat-trick given the chances. 22 shots since the lockdown, 6 on target and 2 goals. At some point that has to start improving no matter what else he brings to the team.

Having a lot of chances is partly due to the team but partly also to his movement.

Think you are being harsh on Jesus. But that's your opinion and I respect that.

Having a lot of chances is partly due to the team but partly also to his movement.

Think you are being harsh on Jesus. But that's your opinion and I respect that.

well, yeah like I said really positive performance but if you create those chances then it's down to him, and him alone, to take them, it's a key part of his role despite his attributes and it's deeply frustrating that he doesn't take them.

how the fuck would I know? He's been here 3.5 years, only he can answer that.
I mean, ok. Judging from what you've seen from him over the 3.5 years and how the rest of his game has/hasn't developed, would you believe he's going to improve his finishing? You've been really detailed in most of your opinions on Jesus but I don't think you've covered this, I'm just curious whether you think he's got it in him in your opinion.

Do you think he will improve then?

Tbf Jesus will never be a great finisher, it's a skill that players have from a young age. Haaland, Mbappe even seemingly Greenwood all possess natural finishing instincts. We have to accept what we have with Jesus in that his overall play can be fantastic but he won't be someone we can rely on to get us goals in tight games.

Tbf Jesus will never be a great finisher, it's a skill that players have from a young age. Haaland, Mbappe even seemingly Greenwood all possess natural finishing instincts. We have to accept what we have with Jesus in that his overall play can be fantastic but he won't be someone we can rely on to get us goals in tight games.
Fair enough, thanks for answering. I reckon he's on a similar trajectory to Sterling, in that he'll add a greater variety of things to his game over the years that'll cover any weakness up.

My hope with his finishing ability personally is that his movement is so strong that he'll improve his chances by numbers as opposed to strict ability. But then again the more he starts the more different kinds of goal we might see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.