It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would normally be the general consensus, but Sergio's age and contract status has to be a factor.

I completely understand the reasons behind why we would want to sign another striker right now, but I just don't see the practicalities of it working.

We can only just offer Sergio/Jesus enough game time to keep them happy now, introduce another world class £100m+ player who will want to start every game and one of them is then reduced to getting ~1000 minutes per season, which is what you would expect from an academy player on the periphery.

Buying Martinez now and keeping him on loan at Inter for a season would be something that could work.

I think Poch ran him into the ground with injuries, a fresh start could be good for him. What is wrong with his personality? i would argue he doesn't really have one or is that what you mean?

Yes he has none is what i was getting at - Comes across as thick as two short planks as well - just dont like the guy and it will be an insuttl to Sergio's legacy to have him take over in my opinion (not that there is any room for sentiment in football I suppose)

I'd like to see his actual game stats. I wouldn't be surprised if Sergio has missed just as much football since the age of 27?

You are possibly right but Kane isnt fit to lace sergios boots

Since 2017/18

Harry Kane 121 games 88 goals 13 assists.

Sergio Aguero 117 85 goals 21 assists.

I suppose you have to factor in Sergio playing in the best side in English football history, and Kane playing for Spurs.

But the main takeaway for me is that Aguero's biggest problem is injuries, and he's only played 1.3 games a season less than Kane. We will have the same issues if we replaced 1 with the other.

Since 2017/18

Harry Kane 121 games 88 goals 13 assists.

Sergio Aguero 117 85 goals 21 assists.

I suppose you have to factor in Sergio playing in the best side in English football history, and Kane playing for Spurs.

But the main takeaway for me is that Aguero's biggest problem is injuries, and he's only played 1.3 games a season less than Kane. We will have the same issues if we replaced 1 with the other.
This is a bigger issue, recent injuries.

Personally think Kane would be a huge mistake - i think his injury record is concerning. I dont think his personality fits with the club either. (and that is seemingly important to the club/Pep). I also think he is vastly overrated

His personality? He's clean cut, family man, never in any trouble off the field, sounds like the perfect Pep profile to me.

Kane is an absolutely top-class striker, I can't see what others don't?

I wouldn't want to see him leading the line for Liverpool or United, put it that way!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.