Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sure? just recently in our loss to arsenal in f.a cup, pep said he played ederson as bravo had a last minute muscle strain.

I think Bravo opted out so as not to jeopardise a move somewhere when his contract ran out. Similar to Lallana with Liverpool although he made the bench just to be suited up in the kit for the trophy lift

Last summer we were hamstrung by the lack of foreign slots in the squad. It was one of the reasons we allegedly didn’t sign a centerback after missing out on Maguire.
I don’t agree with that. If we really wanted someone why didn’t we just ship Otamendi out?

The centre back position only became an issue after Laporte got injured and nobody could predict that happening.

If he’s actually gone I’m surprised I’ve not heard about it, whatever anyone says he ended up a good cup Keeper for us, his winners medals tell the whole story.

I still argue that the first half of his debut at the Swamp was one of the most jaw dropping times that i had seen as a blue.

I had never seen a keeper play that type of role where he was so pivitol to playing out from the back before.

I still argue that the first half of his debut at the Swamp was one of the most jaw dropping times that i had seen as a blue.

I had never seen a keeper play that type of role where he was so pivitol to playing out from the back before.
First half jaw dropping
Second half ball dropping....
He took more than a year to recover his confidence after that imo. Was still a more than capable back up and instrumental in our most recent trophy win though I do still think it can be a bit of a waste of a foreign spot to have an overseas number 2 keeper
He’s being linked with Celtic and Leeds, hope he gets a decent move and to play first team football a bit more

I don’t agree with that. If we really wanted someone why didn’t we just ship Otamendi out?

The centre back position only became an issue after Laporte got injured and nobody could predict that happening.
Otamendi was told he could leave if he could find a club which he was unable to, City wanting a fee and his wages didnt help

Last edited:
Last summer City wanted a decent fee for Otamendi, this summer I don't think they care as long as they get his wages off the bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.