Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
A rag mate of mine told me the other day, that Ake wife has been looking at property in Hale, I don't know if there's any truth in this..

I think for a Pep system we don't always need a world class positional player but a technically gifted player who can cover multiple positions.
Hence Fernandinho was such an absolute success. We don't have many in our team right now. The likes of Toure/Mascherano/Busquets in Barca or Alaba/Martinez/Kimmich at Bayern. I understand the names mentioned are absolute world class but Pep did a good job with Delph too.
Ake can be the new Ferna covering DM/LB/LCB positions (Hopefully with at least 50% of Ferna abilities)
Also
Fernandinho - what an absolute gem!

I have watched a lot of Ake. He has always stood out in their games against us. You can’t judge him on being part of that calamitous Bournemouth defence - nobody did that with VVD at Southampton.

Seen some comments on the MOTD compilation - he wasn’t playing in half of the clips and in the ones where he was he wasn’t at fault for any.

Most people here have not watched him play except against us. Bournemouth fans have watched a lot of fair- average premier league players over the last 5 years but they are all pretty clear that he’s the best player they’ve ever seen and is levels above anything that they have ever had. At the very least that should tell those of you who haven’t watched him that he’s not just an average premier league player.

If we didn’t have Laporte then I would genuinely be happy with us targeting Ake for left centre back for the first 11, there aren’t too many better left footed centre backs around. Put it another way, he’s better than any centre half we’ve had since the takeover with the exceptions of Kompany and Laporte. Said it before, we will be lucky if we can get him as 3rd choice.

I have watched a lot of Ake. He has always stood out in their games against us. You can’t judge him on being part of that calamitous Bournemouth defence - nobody did that with VVD at Southampton.

Seen some comments on the MOTD compilation - he wasn’t playing in half of the clips and in the ones where he was he wasn’t at fault for any.

Most people here have not watched him play except against us. Bournemouth fans have watched a lot of fair- average premier league players over the last 5 years but they are all pretty clear that he’s the best player they’ve ever seen and is levels above anything that they have ever had. At the very least that should tell those of you who haven’t watched him that he’s not just an average premier league player.

If we didn’t have Laporte then I would genuinely be happy with us targeting Ake for left centre back for the first 11, there aren’t too many better left footed centre backs around. Put it another way, he’s better than any centre half we’ve had since the takeover with the exceptions of Kompany and Laporte. Said it before, we will be lucky if we can get him as 3rd choice.

I can't see him coming if he's going to be 3rd choice, he won't want that

I can't see him coming if he's going to be 3rd choice, he won't want that

Agree, he would slot in straight away in other teams as a first choice CB. But if we convince him not only to compete against Laporte but also against Mendy at LB, he could be up for the challenge. Cancelo will start playing more and more at RB, leaving Aké and Mendy as our leftbacks. Angelino will be sold and I think Zinchenko as well, so this could be a good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.