Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.

@twosips , fair point mate. 60M for Ake and Torres is fantastic business from Txiki.

Get Koulibaly for 70M and our spend is at about 130M.

You would think especially since some players are going to be sold, there's probably cash left for more signing(s) after [Koulibaly?]...if the 200M+ transfer kitty rumours are to be believed.

Last edited:
Another small centre back and for our usual inflated centre back price. An improvement on Stones though, hope we can get a similar price off
Arsenal for him.

And we're not buying him to have a VVD level impact. He's not VVD. But for the role we want him for, he's pretty bloody good.
Milner-esque: Can play centre back and left back; “homegrown”; happy to be playing for a club challenging for titles and; quality, more often than not.

PS. One hopes he doesn’t sign for Liverpool on a free transfer.

@twosips , fair point mate. 60M for Ake and Torres is fantastic business from Txiki.

Get Koulibaly for 70M and our spend is at about 130M.

You would think especially since some players are going to be sold, there's probably cash left for more signing(s)...if the 200M+ transfer kitty rumours are to be believed.
If we do land Ake, would we still be after Koulibaly as well?

£40m rising to £41m appears extremely unusual.
What could that £1m possibly be?
Anyone able to shed any light on this?

If chelsea have that “right to match” clause I wonder whether the 40+1 is misinformation. If they only have the right to know the total value could be £41m then saying most of it is upfront makes it less likely to be matched.

More likely to be 25+15 or 30+10 or 35+5 but I dont know how these deals get done
I suspect we had to beat Chelsea’s £40m buy back, if only by a token £1m

Won’t get a game when Laporte is fit outside a few games where we rotate. Doesn’t fit the mould of past full back signings so can’t see why he’d be a good option there? Only thing he has over Stones and Otamendi as a back up is that he’s left footed. £40m is a farce

Well Bournemouth fans say he is a superb professional and a natural leader I am hoping we get this one wrapped up and then we ship out Ota and Garcia and bring Tosin back into the fold too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.