Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t really know how it works but does the £41 mill mean their buyback can be refused? If the player has decided, not sure Chelsea can make him go.

If he wants to come here they will already know
It’s not good form messing with other teams deals anyway
We could just outbid them for chillwell and havertz for payback
Only works if you want player and he is interested in coming

have a great feeling about this transfer.

I've seen it suggested a number of times that Ake will feature mostly as Laporte's understudy, or be a squad player at best. Whilst I wouldn't dispute that Laporte will be our preferred left footed centre-back, I think this is understating the influence Ake might have.

In recent years, in particular during Pep's time, our defence seems to have become a lot more "passive". Pep's always said he doesn't teach tackles, but I think it would be fairer to say that he actively teaches against tackles (and clearances, aerial battles etc). In fact, our whole defensive strategy has become about avoiding these "higher risk" moves, in favour of playing a high defensive line, keeping possession, standing off attackers and blocking shots. This worked in the centurions season, but the this season we seem to have taken it too far...

I don't think we need a big defensive overhaul really, but I think Ake will help us to fix the trend shown above. From what I've seen, he's not afraid to get stuck in, and he's been at a club whose survival depended on tackling, clearances, and taking no chances. He also seems to be sensible enough, and not too "gung ho", that he won't be hitting pointless clearances, or rushing into tackles too eagerly.

Basically, I hope Pep allows him to play to his strengths, and doesn't change him too much to fit our system. If so, we might have something a little better than a squad player

Pep has spent 500 million on the defence and it’s still pony.

apart from Laporte and Walker all the rest have been jank

Ake is awful in the air Guys about 5 foot 10 lol , dreading a Burnley away or sheff united away with him and Garcia starting when Laporte is injured lol

balls pumped into the box be a problem with our team of midgets

Pep has spent 500 million on the defence and it’s still pony.

apart from Laporte and Walker all the rest have been jank

Ake is awful in the air Guys about 5 foot 10 lol , dreading a Burnley away or sheff united away with him and Garcia starting when Laporte is injured lol

balls pumped into the box be a problem with our team of midgets
You’re a right little ray of sunshine, aren’t you?

juSt A fact m8

Garcia and Ake are both weak in the air all I’m saying
Good job its not just them 2 players who will be responsible for dealing with that. Walker and Mendy both over 6ft, Ederson is more than happy to fly off his line. Rodri will be back there for corners also.

I also presume you are forgetting its very likely we purchase someone such as Koulibaily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.