Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Stones and Otamendi are the answer, the question is. Which City players make you shit yourself when our opponents are attacking our defense.

Stones, Otamendi, Zinchenko, Angelino and Mendy always make me nervous when we get countered. Mendy is maybe finding old form, but the rest of them are not good defenders. That’s our problem. Zinch and Angelino offer a few things going forward but their defending is horrible.

They all have been amazing for this club but many failures we’ve had playing big games in UCL is due to poor defending. We’ll never reach a final playing with them, it’s very clear. Signings like Aké and Koulibaly takes us a lot closer to that evasive trophy.

Stones, Otamendi, Zinchenko, Angelino and Mendy always make me nervous when we get countered. Mendy is maybe finding old form, but the rest of them are not good defenders. That’s our problem. Zinch and Angelino offer a few things going forward but their defending is horrible.

They all have been amazing for this club but many failures we’ve had playing big games in UCL is due to poor defending. We’ll never reach a final playing with them, it’s very clear. Signings like Aké and Koulibaly takes us a lot closer to that evasive trophy.

I agree the players are at fault for some terrible decision making but I really do question Pep for our repeated un-organised and shambolic defending.

Just been reading a cherries forum....

One of the few clubs to have fans that follow their nose and not what the media feed them it seems, was a pleasure reading their Ake thread. Even before we were noted they all say he is a stand up bloke who has his feet on the ground and deserves his move to a bigger club. Non of the shite that the dippers were hurling at Steling for example, gives great relief to the difference in fanbase, give me one cherry to a thousand dippers anyday.

I really hope they get back up, with fans like that they demand my respect. I hope, as i have said in a previous post, us being decent and not trying to low ball them but sticking to what i imagined was a pre agreed deal sees both clubs stay close which leads to a good working relationship between both clubs. Howe is a good bloke imo and a savvy manager. We should be giving them first dibs on players we feel need bringing up to scratch, they will get a good football education at the cherries. I don't mean that to sound snobby either. If we can help them proper with loanees/ first refusals i think and hope we will.

Specifically with regards to Ake i think he will be part of a defense we use for years to come and will be as vital to us as Laporte is, almost, (i consider Laporte the best defender in the world and easily in the same breathe as Maldini, the man is more important to us that any amount of cash anyone could ever offer because there simply is not anyone as good we could buy to replace him). Ake will not be seen as an "option" but as an equally important part of our whole team dynamic. He will not be covering for x or filling a gap in the tradtional sense of a squad player. He is versatile and could easily be rotated with Rodri imo, his instinct to pass along with situational awareness will help make up for the eventual loss of Fernandinho.

Very bold claims i admit but i am pretty confident of the role he will play, a vital one given Pep's ethos. Pep creams himself over players that are so able in playing multiple roles to a standard most would consider world class.

Last edited:
I agree the players are at fault for some terrible decision making but I really do question Pep for our repeated un-organised and shambolic defending.

When I watch us defend at the back, the thing that strikes me, is the lack of communication, especially when Stones and/or Ota have played this season. Together, in the last year, they have been the football equivalent of 'see no evil and hear no evil'. In addition, Ferna is simply not a centre half. I would love to see us sign a centre half who is a leader and keeps those around him on their toes. Of course, he would be a very useful player too :)

As for Ake, he does appear to be Johnny on the spot and aware of what is going on in the box. Something no-one could possibly say about Stones of late.

One of the few clubs to have fans that follow their nose and not what the media feed them it seems, was a pleasure reading their Ake thread. Even before we were noted they all say he is a stand up bloke who has his feet on the ground and deserves his move to a bigger club. Non of the shite that the dippers were hurling at Steling for example, gives great relief to the difference in fanbase, give me one cherry to a thousand dippers anyday.

I really hope they get back up, with fans like that they demand my respect. I hope, as i have said in a previous post, us being decent and not trying to low ball them but sticking to what i imagined was a pre agreed deal sees both clubs stay close which leads to a good working relationship between both clubs. Howe is a good bloke imo and a savvy manager. We should be giving them first dibs on players we feel need bringing up to scratch, they will get a good football education at the cherries. I don't mean that to sound snobby either. If we can help them proper with loanees/ first refusals i think and hope we will.

Specifically with regards to Ake i think he will be part of a defense we use for years to come and will be as vital to us as Laporte is, almost, (i consider Laporte the best defender in the world and easily in the same breathe as Maldini, the man is more important to us that any amount of cash anyone could ever offer because there simply is not anyone as good we could buy to replace him). Ake will not be seen as an "option" but as an equally important part of our whole team dynamic. He will not be covering for x or filling a gap in the tradtional sense of a squad player. He is versatile and could easily be rotated with Rodri imo, his instinct to pass along with situational awareness will help make up for the eventual loss of Fernandinho.

Very bold claims i admit but i am pretty confident of the role he will play, a vital one given Pep's ethos. Pep creams himself over players that are so able in playing multiple roles to a standard most would consider world class.

There was a report earlier saying how amicable the deal was to do with Bournemouth which strengthens their chances of getting the best youngsters on loan. Like it a lot. Solid club and Howe has no problem trusting worthy young lads.

There was a report earlier saying how amicable the deal was to do with Bournemouth which strengthens their chances of getting the best youngsters on loan. Like it a lot. Solid club and Howe has no problem trusting worthy young lads.
They seemed to have an informal tie-up with Liverpool in recent years but blew millions on shit Anfield cast-offs like Solanke and Ibe. Maybe they’ll be a taker for some lads who won’t cut it at City instead

I hoped as much Oli, you could write a book on how we "see" deals and more importantly the nuance involved. When utd were linked with Howe i was not worried but neither was i happy. In my eyes they would have an identity by now with him. Thanks for the info boss, it makes perfect sense.

Love Laporte but he’s some way off Maldini at the moment - the guy was one of the best defenders I ever saw play and he was a right footed left back and a joy to watch in that Milan defense of the 80s/90s - hope he does get there though whilst with us

I said the jury’s out meaning having kicked a ball ..
Ederson is a ok goalkeeper ,brilliant with his feet and brave ana suits the style of play , as a actual keeper shotstopping etc I think he’s not so good.

End of the day we’ve spent a lot of money on the defence since pep has been here and apart from

Laporte and Walker and ok ederson if we are including goalkeepers the rest have been flops .. I rate stones I’ve stuck up for him loads and I would of rather give him another season but everyone else has written him off and said he’s gone so he gets filled under the flop section same with mendy

Yep that's wumming. Where's the ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.