It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or West Ham paying his £150k a week wages!

Top earner earns less than £90k.

Don't take it for certain Stones will leave. Unless someone comes up with a decent offer, City would rather extend his deal and protect themselves.
Surely if he wants to save his career, both as a Premier League player and as an England international ahead of the Euros next summer, he would need to face facts and accept he needs to take a step back to move forward. That said, given the mess he has made of his life away from football, I’m not sure decision making is his strongest asset.

Don't take it for certain Stones will leave. Unless someone comes up with a decent offer, City would rather extend his deal and protect themselves.
Yikes!

Won’t we face the same problem with Otamendi?

Yikes!

Won’t we face the same problem with Otamendi?

Otamendi is far less an issue.

Earns considerably less than Stones and out of contract next summer.

He can count on a lot more suitors abroad than Stones has in England.

I think we would be foolish to sell Stones this summer. Garcia is not as good at this time and might never be.

Lovren goes for £11m and yet we'll only get £20m for an England International, I know he's had his issues but not having that.

Should be at least £25m, very least. I suspect wages will be an issue as usual when we are trying to shift players.
As always, a player can be valued at anything, but his true value is only what someone is willing to pay, and current wages, injuries etc will be a factor

God, I hope not. Can't move him this summer because he's on £150k a week? Better sign him up for longer.

As always, a player can be valued at anything, but his true value is only what someone is willing to pay, and current wages, injuries etc will be a factor
It's unclear to me why exactly he'd be worth significantly more than £20m? He's been off and on injured for two seasons now, when he does play he's seemingly good for one calamity a game, and more recently he's been benched by a 19 year old. Then you add on his wages, higher than the top earners at any club outside the top six, and the fact that he's been playing in a system that few other teams will play. Oh, and the market is depressed this summer.

I think we would be foolish to sell Stones this summer. Garcia is not as good at this time and might never be.
My mistake. I was under the impression that Otamendi’s contract expired in 2022. He must be close to being on six figures a week though.

Think you are spot on TH and Ive said itseveral times myself.

Stones is the better centre half of the two (esp in the premiership) - If Barca want Garcia Id sell him in a heartbeat - he is good but I tiink long term he will struggle int he premiership- playing for Barca in a two horse league most weeks will be more suited to him.

If we can get Stones head right and bring in Ake and Koulibaly (or even plan B to him whoeever that might be) and sell Garcia and Ota then our centre half options look considerably stronger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.