John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think when we are buying players the home grown quota always comes into play. So we have to pay a premium. We did it with Stones , with Sterling( irrespective of how good he is right now) and now with Ake. But while selling we can't charge an extra 10 mil for a home grown player. Kind of a unique situation. Only Chelsea had some similar issues few years back.

Where did this £20m price tag come from, did the club say his price is £20m or did some fucking journalists suggest it

I think when we are buying players the home grown quota always comes into play. So we have to pay a premium. We did it with Stones , with Sterling( irrespective of how good he is right now) and now with Ake. But while selling we can't charge an extra 10 mil for a home grown player. Kind of a unique situation. Only Chelsea had some similar issues few years back.

I wonder if that is down to one or (two) of the members of the "Hateful Eight"?

Last edited:
I see this a lot but it makes perfect sense why only the top clubs have to pay the English premium. We pay the premium not because there's a shortage of English players, but because there's a shortage of English players good enough to play at the very top level. When we pay extra it's because the player we're buying is among a very small group that's deemed good enough to fit into our team, and there might not be anyone else available to take that home grown slot. The West Hams of the world don't have this issue, their home grown slots are already filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.