It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we would have Ake Laporte Stones Garcia and Fernandinho and Rodri which can fill in seem fine to me.

Stones is done. Cant be trusted to be fit and when on the field, looks like a lost kid searching for his mum in Tesco.

It looks like Garcia could leave and even if he stays, he is not the answer.

Fern, ok but we were forced into that situation last season and I think it would be a huge mistake to voluntarily put ourselves there again.

Rodri, not for me. I think he could do a job at a push but again, a huge risk to take.

As for Ake, we just don't have a clue how he will perform at City. He did ok at Bournemouth but this is a whole new level.

We are trying to bridge an 18 point gap with Liverpool and with little margin for error. Lose 3 or 4 games early doors because we haven't fixed our centre back issues and our title race is done by November.

A club of our quality, with the resources at our disposal, should be aiming for someone of Laportes ability in that right centre back slot, not a make-do.

i agree,we need grealish to unlock defences,because as you rightly said we struggled to get a shot at the (southampton) goal, we should be having a lot more than 26 FUCKING SHOTS AT GOAL,
How many did we score though. As I said, playing Devil's Advocate, in that game we could possibly have used a different option to find the net. I'm sure we both agree that our profligacy in front of goal last season drove us all mad.
p.s. personally I don't think a 'show pony' like Grealish would bring anything better than we already have.

Not at all. His ego would be too big

Perhaps one of the biggest issues we currently have is the lack of such egos in our squad. Sometimes we are too tame and are in need of arrogant players like Neymar, Mbappe, Ronaldo, Messi, and etc to take us to that next level. The very best teams had those egos because they are truly the best.

Perhaps one of the biggest issues we currently have is the lack of such egos in our squad. Sometimes we are too tame and are in need of arrogant players like Neymar, Mbappe, Ronaldo, Messi, and etc to take us to that next level. The very best teams had those egos because they are truly the best.
I think we all know, he won't be rocking up at the Etihad in blue, so discussions are moot. Self belief is a good trait, but imo, he goes far beyond that (similar to big nose), so could not see us being anyway intetested

Stones is done. Cant be trusted to be fit and when on the field, looks like a lost kid searching for his mum in Tesco.

It looks like Garcia could leave and even if he stays, he is not the answer.

Fern, ok but we were forced into that situation last season and I think it would be a huge mistake to voluntarily put ourselves there again.

Rodri, not for me. I think he could do a job at a push but again, a huge risk to take.

As for Ake, we just don't have a clue how he will perform at City. He did ok at Bournemouth but this is a whole new level.

We are trying to bridge an 18 point gap with Liverpool and with little margin for error. Lose 3 or 4 games early doors because we haven't fixed our centre back issues and our title race is done by November.

A club of our quality, with the resources at our disposal, should be aiming for someone of Laportes ability in that right centre back slot, not a make-do.

We Fcuked then if we get another top quality defender even though we improved the squad already and we finished second by a mile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.