Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think Tosin is good enough. Otherwise he'd be with the squad already like Foden and Garcia.
Players develop at different ages, different speeds and with different methods. It's all relative. In any training environment you don't treat people identically because everyone is different and will require different focuses.

Blue tinted specs in this thread.

If he announced he was staying, it would be he's got potential to be brilliant, star in the making, only gonna get better.

Now he's leaving it's, he's not currently good enough.
He is good but too small for what we require in my opinion.

No great suprise and in all honesty i dont feel its a great loss like i did when Sane left. He's clearly a very good player and im sure he will have a successful career at barca so good luck to him. Laporte, Ake and hopefully Koulibaly plus one of Stones or Tosin would be fantastic for the next few years.

Players develop at different ages, different speeds and with different methods. It's all relative. In any training environment you don't treat people identically because everyone is different and will require different focuses.

Just don't see it with him. If he was good enough right now or the potential to be good enough, he'd be with the squad already.

You can joke all you like but there's precedent and it is happening again almost verbatim to how I proposed

As I have said before, even Pep has talked extensively on this. Barca is different, particularly for Catalans who start there & dreamt of succeeding there. It's the pinnacle for them
Absolutely nobody on this forum is interested in you wanking all over your club. This is a City forum if you hadn’t already noticed. And your club isn’t that fantastic and «different» as you think. You’re in massive debt, but since you’ve always been a big club you’re allowed to do exactly what you want without having to deal with consequences. Once Messi leaves you’ll be absolutely fucked. Go stick some paella up your arse you arrogant ****

Garcia is a decent player but not the second coming of Maldini and Baresi as some would have hoped. He ain't Lovren either. He got his chances because Pep decided he won't play the two senior center backs he already has in our books. Speaks a lot about those players rather than Garcia.
And we did poached him from La Masia like we just poached Torres out of Valencia. And our new strategy (Like Chelsea) is to buy all the young talent there is hoping someone would join the first team else we make money out of it.
So there always be some young good players who would leave us. It is a game. You win some you lose some.

From the perspective of Barca (And Eric, Pep & Txiki all know this), he is a cantera player that simply got 3 years of tutelage from Pep - that should come with some fee but City got something out of him as well even if it couldn't be longterm. Again, it's not a slight on City - he's simply returning home

I do wonder if COVID had any impact, perhaps making the player miss home more during confinement

Saying "it's not a slight on City" doesn't make it so. I'm sorry but "he is a cantera player that simply got 3 years of tutelage from Pep" is a very arrogant comment. It is completely dismissive of the support and structure around Pep and all the efforts that have been made by other people in Manchester. Manchester City is more than Pep Guardiola.

While I stand by that comment I appreciate your perspective and I wouldn't want you to feel unwelcome here at all, so please don't take this as hostile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.