Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't get anywhere near as much playing time next season as he did this season I fear if we sign another CB, so the chances of him signing a new contract are low during next season.
If he doesn't sign a new contract this summer then just sell him, we can get OK money like we did for Brahim Diaz.

He has, but we are on the verge of signing 2 new CB, so puts it all into perspective.

Isn’t that because we want to get rid of Otamendi, and Stones ?
And not because we feel Garcia’s not ready.

There is no way Pep would have used/trusted him with games,
unless he thought 100% he’s ready.

Garcia trains/plays every day with or and against players, other teams could only dream of having one of them in their squad, never mind a whole team of “TOP PLAYERS”.

Now think about it for a bit longer, then ask yourself why is Pep so desperate to keep him,
and why are Barcelona so desperate to buy him back, it definitely won’t be to sit on benches!

Say Garcia signs a contract with us, he then instantly becomes a €70mill defender, not that City would sell.

maybe if we had bought him this year off of Barcelona, and paid £40-£50 million everyone would be bigging him up.

There is no way Pep would have used/trusted him with games,
unless he thought 100% he’s ready.

Garcia trains/plays every day with or and against players, other teams could only dream of having one of them in their squad, never mind a whole team of “TOP PLAYERS”.

Now think about it for a bit longer, then ask yourself why is Pep so desperate to keep him,
and why are Barcelona so desperate to buy him back, it definitely won’t be to sit on benches!

Say Garcia signs a contract with us, he then instantly becomes a €70mill defender, not that City would sell.

maybe if we had bought him this year off of Barcelona, and paid £40-£50 million everyone would be bigging him up.
"he signs a contract and becomes a 70m player" really?

Take the blue tinted glasses off.

Garcia looks like a very high quality young player, but he has a long way to go, his lack of pace is a serious worry to me. As 4th choice is is ok but not going to be a regular starter next season.

Stones and Otto have clearly lost the trust of Pep, Laporte has missed much of the season yet these two have hardly played. Shows what Pep thinks of them.

That was what I was presuming, too. Especially when you see the little game time that those two have been given since the restart. We know that Ota's on his way out, and my impression is that Pep's pretty much given up on Stones. I'm sorry about it, because I thought John Stones looked absolutely class when he first came, and he was great during the Centurions season (Otamendi was perfectly acceptable, too). He is still a good distributor of the ball. It's his positioning, and his ability to get back, that leaves a lot to be desired. Garcia is small, but he seems to read the ball so much more quickly, and that compensates considerably for his lack of height.

"he signs a contract and becomes a 70m player" really?

Take the blue tinted glasses off.

Garcia looks like a very high quality young player, but he has a long way to go, his lack of pace is a serious worry to me. As 4th choice is is ok but not going to be a regular starter next season.

Stones and Otto have clearly lost the trust of Pep, Laporte has missed much of the season yet these two have hardly played. Shows what Pep thinks of them.

No blue tint on my glasses, what I mean by €70mil (maybe over exaggerated a tiny bit) is he becomes out of reach for any other club, once he signed a contract, due to what price City would expect to let him go for.
If he is seen as fourth choice by the club, then he won’t be signing any contract here!

Signs a three / five year deal and stagnates without the chance of a move this big. Without guaranteed football either.

I hope he stays but let's remember a desire to return home is also strong. Barca are supposedly going to have a huge rebuilding process starting.

his form since starting since project restart he has looked very capable. I hope he stays but he will be taking a huge risk as well if he chooses to return to Barcelona, he will be unsure who they are targetting and will sign.

He could choose to move now and then by the end of the summer be down the pecking order fast - yes that could happen here , but the difference is he has now got game time under his belt and proved to Pep he can play.

Barca are in a mess, especially off the pitch

Garcia may be wanting Pep to commit so he knows where he stands, which is fair really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.