Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laporte Koulibaly Ake Stones

Would be the best centre back depth in the world. Plus Dinho and Harwood Bellis. Could loan Tosin out to a Prem side.

Or if we get a good offer for Stones and it suits all parties, let him go and keep Tosin.
Plus Rodri could play there with ake moving into midfield

All the noises from the player was that he was happy and very appreciative of getting his chance on a regular basis.

The timing of this stinks and while that won't be down to Garcia, rather dirty tricks from Barcelona again, he needs to take responsibility for stringing City along, certainly when Pep had evidenced to him his trust and played him every week.

I think he is a nice tidy footballer and expect him to have a decent career, but as I said earlier this week, he's not better than Stones yet and might never be.

That's one thing United seem to have over us?

They recruit heavily in the Manchester area and we spread our net much wider on the youth global front, possibly a hindrance if a player does want to go finally go 'home'?

pros and cons to both styles of recruitment, the more locally restricts the quality but as you say limits homesickness

The only thing I don't like about this deal is that it smacks yet again of a European rival tapping up one of our players.

That aside, it may force our hand on brining in a new right sided centre back, and I still think John Stones is potentially good enough to challenge any new centre back we may bring in.

He wants to go, Barcelona have some romanticised or politicised idea to bring him home and he is the new puyol, let them as long as it's at a good price.

Only area we may take a hit is wages, but am sure we can cover that.

Also nicely fuels the speculation that we're gearing up for a bigger transfer by trimming the edges of our squad.

Nonsense. Player's own entourage initiated the first leak to a potential return else he was never on the transfer agenda in the local press

Just like Bayern never had any part in the Sane leaks...

Certainly takes two to tango and while I am not naive enough to believe Puyol and Pena are innocent, the whole dynamic has changed in the last 48 hours.

Regardless of who instigated the first leak, City are rightly furious that this has come out on the eve of our biggest game this season.

And they don't hold Garcia or his reps responsible.

I'd argue they have a fair insight into how this has gone down.

Absolutely nothing to gain for Garcia's people to leak the original leak to the Spanish press when they could just go directly to Barcelona to conduct business quietly.

And it can't be about the money and leveraging City for a better deal if the motivation to leave is because he wants to return to Barca.

timing is bad but him leaving is probably for the best for all parties involved. he lacks strength, height and pace. yeah, hes good on the ball but so are others. he will suit la liga way better than pl. best of luck to him and we make some $$

Pique had the physical presence right from the off, certainly he was an aerial beast due to his height and recovery pace.

I'd concede Garcia is probably better on the ball at this stage in his own development?
I really rated Pique when he was in his prime but would he have made it in the Premier league? Garcia lacks the attributes that Pique had so I can't see how the lad could make it. I thought he looked like someone who had won a raffle to play for us. Either that or someone had lost a bet.
I wish him all the luck and hope his career turns out every bit as good as Pique's. Am I worried that his leaving will turn round and bite us? Not in the slightest.
£20 million, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask!

The only thing I don't like about this deal is that it smacks yet again of a European rival tapping up one of our players.
We're obviously not Valencia's "rival" but isn't this exactly how we signed Ferran Torres? Our manager called him up and spoke to him about his potential role in our team. Everyone does it, it's a competitive business.

I think we have to accept this will happen to us occasionally. If we are honest we have persuaded numerous young players to leave other clubs, some times we will be the prey and not the predator. As for the lad himself, good reading of the game but zero pace, not irreplaceable.

He wants to go home. So did Leroy Sane. He'll be on the bench or in the reserves next season until he's sold for 12 million or so. Meanwhile Pep has the dilemma to play or not play him in the CL this month. Even though he's burned his bridges with MCFC, might he not still be the best bet to see us through?

I think we have to accept this will happen to us occasionally. If we are honest we have persuaded numerous young players to leave other clubs, some times we will be the prey and not the predator. As for the lad himself, good reading of the game but zero pace, not irreplaceable.
Including Eric Garcia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.