New striker?

This is kun throughout the years (and not just with us).

This is why we need a new striker.

People use stats to compare Jesus favourably to Aguero at similar ages - However, look at the quality of the goals he scores before his time with us and at such a young age. His technique with shooting is miles ahead even at a young age that of anywhere Jesus could dream of getting. Power, precision he has it all and had it all from the beginning.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

You talk sense most often...but that is complete drivel.
We don't need to be more clinical, we score 100 a season....we simply need to concentrate or get defenders who can.
The best keepers are in top sides who produce great saves when only facing a couple of shots a game....same with defenders, not the ones throwing themselves in front of everything for 90min.
You are actually saying if we score enough it doesn't matter what we concede....might aswell play 11 cfs then?

Ha.

This is drivel. "We don't need to be more clinical, we score 100 a season".

It doesn't fucking matter if you score 5+ seven times in a season and pump up your total goals if you can't score against Southampton, Spurs, United, Spurs & Wolves when it matters because your forwards miss so many chances.

Almost every game we have lost or dropped points in this season was a result of us conceding after our forwards butchered multiple big chances.

That's what matters, how clinical you are at 0-0 and 1-0. Not how many extra you put past Watford and Villa when they've given up at 4-0.

If you are talking about Benzema he is still better than Kane in terms of what he has achieved individually and in a team. Age means nothing. As for Kane he is the main man in a team that is set up for counter attacking. We aren't set up for that and won't be playing that type of Football as long as Pep is in charge. And he is injury prone and has missed large chunks of last season and is known to have very dodgy ankles.

Kane is far from a counter attacking reliant striker and can score all kinds of goals. His goal record outshines Benzema and more importantly every premier league striker apart from Sergio. Touching 30 pl games in his 2 most injury hit seasons hardly makes him a sick note.

Kane is far from a counter attacking reliant striker and can score all kinds of goals. His goal record outshines Benzema and more importantly every premier league striker apart from Sergio. Touching 30 pl games in his 2 most injury hit seasons hardly makes him a sick note.

We have to agree to disagree on this. I just don't rate Sir Harry Hotspur.Benzema has achieved a lot more in his career both as an individual and as Team player both at club and International level. On top of that Spurs are built playing to Kane's strengths. Personality wise I give you that.

Last edited:
Ha.

This is drivel. "We don't need to be more clinical, we score 100 a season".

It doesn't fucking matter if you score 5+ seven times in a season and pump up your total goals if you can't score against Southampton, Spurs, United, Spurs & Wolves when it matters because your forwards miss so many chances.

Almost every game we have lost or dropped points in this season was a result of us conceding after our forwards butchered multiple big chances.

That's what matters, how clinical you are at 0-0 and 1-0. Not how many extra you put pust Watford and Villa when they've given up at 4-0.

I'm sure your not...but you sound 14 yrs old.
We need a 30 goal a season striker because we didn't score 5 in a few games lmfao.

I'm sure your not...but you sound 14 yrs old.
We need a 30 goal a season striker because we didn't score 5 in a few games lmfao.

I'm sure you're not but you seem illiterate because you obviously can't or won't read my comments.

I never said we need a 30 goal a striker, and I didn't say our problem was we didn't score 5 in some games (literally the opposite in fact).

Try reading the comments through again.

You can't separate defence and offence into distinct categories like that.

We aren't a side that loses slugging contests where both sides attack and the best wins. We lose games when we concede a goal against a side who then successfully parks the bus, and usually we concede those goals because the attack is not working first, which builds pressure, and we over commit trying to force a goal.

If you bumped up our efficiency in front of goal 10%, we'd concede 10 fewer goals, easily.

Because time after time, we miss buckets of good chances, panic, and then concede a stupid goal on the break because we're desperate to score or else we'll fall behind in the table.
My opinion too. I can't think of many points dropped that weren't because we missed easy chances or couldn't break down packed defences.

IMO Liverpool won because they had "A grade Defence" + "A grade Attack".
We won the previous season because we had "A grade Defence" + "A+ grade Attack".
Right now we have "B+grade Defence" + "A grade Attack"
We need to improve both in defence and attack if we want to get back to our best.
Just addressing one or the other isn't enough imo.

You talk sense most often...but that is complete drivel.
We don't need to be more clinical, we score 100 a season....we simply need to concentrate or get defenders who can.
The best keepers are in top sides who produce great saves when only facing a couple of shots a game....same with defenders, not the ones throwing themselves in front of everything for 90min.
You are actually saying if we score enough it doesn't matter what we concede....might aswell play 11 cfs then?

i agree, I looked at the stats for goals scored for the last 5 seasons and compared them to the dippers and scum

2019/20
Us 102 dippers 85 scum 66

2018/19
us 95 dippers 89 scum 65

2017/18
us 106 dippers 84 scum 68

2016/17
us 80 dippers 78 scum 54

2015/16
us 71 dippers 63 scum 49 (haha)

so we do not generally have a problem scoring, it’s the other end we need to improve. I know stats don’t say it all, wehave missed some big chances in big games this year, but if we stop or cut down on the quality chances we give away then I think we have enough firepower

People underestimating how much this injury could affect Aguero, IMO.
I'm a complete pessimist, but yes, it does seem very strange to me that no one is all that concerned that our 32 year old striker just had knee surgery. Everyone's injuries are different, but Mendy also had surgery on his meniscus and look how long it took for him to get back.

We have to agree to disagree on this. I just don't rate Sir Harry Hotspur.Benzema has achieved a lot more in his career both as an individual and as Team player both at club and International level. On top of that Spurs are built playing to Kane's strengths. Personality wise I give you that.
As an aside, I think Benzema is one of the most underrated players in recent memory. Ten years and 250 goals at Real is no small feat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.