New striker?

Not a chance anyone pays that for Morelos.
I wouldn’t be against going for Edouard, at his age he wouldn’t expect to be an automatic starter from the outset but certainly seems to have the ability and physical attributes to potentially develop into a top class striker
I can only go off the latest reports, last of which quoted 17m - I agree that its an eye-watering amount for him but I hope you understand why I quoted the original amount mate.

Atleast the next Aguero, they look like they could be siblings.
No idea what you mean ;-)

Aguerix.jpg

I’d only sign one when there’s a space in the squad or, if someone is out there that can better what we have now, then they’re to be brought in.

Surely we have a dilemma. We obviously need another CB for next season, even with the signing of Aké. Aguero's contract runs out next summer and unless we offer him a year extension for example, then the likes of Dortmund and Inter are going to have a field day setting their prices next summer.
Haalands got a buyout mate

100 goals or not we didn't win the league because we couldn't score enough in the games that we dropped points in so I hope we get a striker and ditch Mahrez who doesn't contribute enough imo.

I disagree. I don't get the criticism of Mahrez, i think he is a brilliant player personally.

Had we have played Mahrez a lot more throughout the season instead of persisting with Bernardo Silva on the right wing, i think we would have done a lot better and been on a better points tally, definitely.

Mahrez started 21 games and scored 11 goals, assisting 9 times in the premier league. Had he have started a similar amount to Sterling (around 30 games), he would have arguably scored about 15-16 goals and assisted about 13-14 goals altogether at the very minimum. Could have even contributed more than that.

If you weigh it up, he has contributed as much as Sterling this season. Sterling has 20 goals and 1 assist in 30 starts in the premier league. Compare that ratio to Mahrez and i would say Mahrez has certainly contributed more. It isn't like Mahrez isn't involved in build up to goals either. I bet he has numerous pre-assists which aren't recorded.

He is a vastly, VASTLY underrated player. We are lucky to have him. Joy to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.