Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

Life does not work like that. We bought Rodri, Mendy, etc for hundreds of millions and we have to live with them for years to come. It's Pep's and the scouting system's faults for identifying wrong players. For some reasons I'm nor confident Ferran Torres and Koulibaly are answers to our problems. We'll have exactly the same problem next season. If Liverpool keep up their form, which is very much possible since they have a young squad, I fear Pep might already be at the end of the road with us.
Exactly I also am underwhelmed with signings that may or may not merely replace existing players. No step change upwards at all.

You cannot escape the FACT that under Pep we have gone out three times in the Champs League to vastly inferior teams, Spurs, Monaco and now Lyon. I think Pep has a mental thing with it, he does strange things, but overall 2 titles in 4 seasons, stay another 4 and win 2 more, i am happy. Deep breath, move on.

This.. but he needs to fucking win the league next season in that case as he was nowhere near either this season.

Going against the grain here so tin hat on.

I didn't like the line up either btw but..

xG on that game was 3-1 to City and we would have all been happy with that score. Appalling misses and gifted goals are not Pep's fault.

Not saying he couldn't have picked a team that won 5-0 but this, on the face of it, Is the players.

Agreed mate

Anyway, not arsed.

Raz is my player of the season and was the best player on the pitch tonight. One miss doesn't define him.

Pep was called out by not changing tactics in previous CL exits, he does tonight and we want Fat Sam in.

We got beat, and have been another 10 times this season, but this is still the best time to be a Blue.

And we WERE shafted by VAR, simple as that that. They dont score that, we win the game.
What are you talking about? He’s changed tactics the last three quarter finals.

Just remember the greatest manager of all time won this competition 2 time in 25 years It’s a knock out competition and there is little room for error

we need 2x world class CBs.
We need a LB. Still.
We need a RB. Still.
We need 2 wc DMs.
We need minimum of 2 world class forwards.

Rodri not good enough for the level we want to be.
Ditto Gundo. Ditto jesus. Ditto walker. Ditto mendy. Ditto cancelo. Ditto stones and otamendi.

It can't all happen In one or even two summers so without a root and branch reform of our playing style we may just have to accept the ch9ampios league not coming to us for a minimum of the next 2 seasons. Personally I'm fine with that as I hate this competition but khaldoon will have some serious decision making to do.

We haven't been robbed tonight. We've been leathered by a team that were set up tactically to beat us and did it with consumate ease.

There's nothing new here. We have known for 4 years that pep hasn't got the ability to win the champions league. If winning the champions league is what we are to be about we should go for Jose. If we want to win the league and the champions league we should accept the ethos of the club has to change and we need to be more pragmatic. Managers like klopp who can win both whilst playing exciting powerful football are few and far between. Other than the man himself I can't think of one other and liverpool aren't letting him go.

That was embarrassing tonight. All the more so becasue none of us were surprised by it. It happens every year.

Liverpool, not as good as us. Out thought us tactically and knocked us out.
Spurs. A truly shit team. Taxtically far superior. Knocked us out.
Lyon. Tactically embarrassed us. Knocked us out.

We will never ever win this with our current set up. Never ever.

KDB looking passed off and furious in his post match interview as well. He deserves a chance to win this thing.
I was about to click 'like' on your post til I saw the Jose crap, his days are over and have been for a while, that aside, much of what you wrote was fair, in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.