#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This afternoon I was sat in the sun hoping that Pep would find room in the starting eleven for both Phil and Bernardo Silva. The fact that neither of them got on the pitch, when we were sleep walking to defeat, I find totally bizarre. City have lost hundreds of matches during my lifetime but not many have annoyed me as much as tonight. If we pick our flair players and go out all guns blazing I can accept it. God knows what Phil and Bernardo are thinking right now.

Just start him every game next season. We need energy.

In fact, lets play Bernardo deeper as well, he gives adds alot of energy into that midfield as well.

Sancho, Rashford and Greenwood were given opportunities at a young age to show what they were about and I rate each one of them, its unfortunate that a player spoke of just as highly or even more so wont be given an opportunity similar to them.

Phil has mistakes in him. Must be the reason he wasn't picked. His time will come......
He takes risks.

Takes players on, commits to shots, commits to making a pass. I won't blame him for that and I don't see why he should ever change.

I guess what Pep thought we needed was more lofted passes chipped into the box for our big target man striker to get on the end of.

Which was a game we won but still didn’t help him get on the pitch tonight
Pep wanted a completely different set up tonite,it was not about leaving phiil out ,he left out all our creative players in the middle except kev,bernie should have got on before him and certainly before FFS

I don’t understand why at minimum he didn’t come off the bench....

the excuse of managing his minutes/ he’s only young doesnt work anymore. He’s 20 and one of our best players in my opinion. we also had a weeks rest

Unfortunately I think he’ll just be stuck as one of the rotational wide players next season. I don’t think he started a single league game last season in his preferred midfield position and I can’t see Pep changing it now.

This is my fear also, I mean don’t get me wrong I think he does a good job out wide but it’s just not his best position where we will get the best out of him. I really hope he gets moved to a more central role next season and taking Dave’s spot which he should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.