Kalidou Koulibaly

The problem yesterday and in the Arsenal semi wasn’t how high the line was it was how straight the line was.
Our high line isn’t the problem, we got 100 points and 98 points with a high line. That’s not changed.

What’s changed is that we don’t press the ball anymore in midfield and up front.

Playing a high line without pressure on the ball is absolute suicide in England because teams will just knock it over the top.

Pep seemed to learn that in his first season. But he seems to have completely forgotten it and continues his worrisome and baffling obsession with Gundogan who can’t press. And he’s bought Rodri who can’t press and a Mahrez who won’t press.

It’s absolutely bizarre that he can’t see it.

Is KK a leader? Is he vocal and will he get after others who are not pulling their weight in the midst of the game? I think we desperately lack an assertive leader... DSil isn't and hasn't been that and is gone, Fern has some of it but not working. KDB is not that type despite how good he is. Laporte is not that type. We need a defensive leader who will organize from the back and direct and hold others accountable. If KK isn't capable I see him as a 2-3 year expensive placeholder whom we hope will begin to regain some of his older form.

Is KK a leader? Is he vocal and will he get after others who are not pulling their weight in the midst of the game? I think we desperately lack an assertive leader... DSil isn't and hasn't been that and is gone, Fern has some of it but not working. KDB is not that type despite how good he is. Laporte is not that type. We need a defensive leader who will organize from the back and direct and hold others accountable. If KK isn't capable I see him as a 2-3 year expensive placeholder whom we hope will begin to regain some of his older form.
When you say leader, ideally we are looking for a Vinnie player. I don't know if Koulibaly is a leader, but I think he would improve our defence and is an upgrade on Stones and Otamendi.

Will we find someone who is 23, from wherever, who has perhaps won fuck all, who will step into the Premier League & start 'leading' a bunch of multi title winners ?

He's played him all over the shop and it says a lot for Foden, he seems to be able to cope.

Foden would give us the legs and technique to thrive.

I'd argue he's not much physically dissimilar than Fernandinho, very strong and wiry?

I would love to see us bring in Aouar and have a midfield 3 with Kev, Phil, Bernardo, Aouar, Doyle and Rodri to choose from.

Seems like Napoli might be in a rush to get this deal concluded and stop the mind games now. A deal for Gabriel has been agreed and supposedly Lille have given them a few days to sort their stuff out or else he’ll be sold to another party. Could be a big week ahead.

IDK. But to my question and I'm legit asking as IDK: is KK a leader? And btw isn't KK a player who has essentially won... Fuck all?

He was part of the Napoli Copa Italia winning squad this year. In my humble opinion he is a leader and an organiser of the backline. I'm not an expert but I have watched some Serie A over the few years and I have all ways been impressed by his no nonsense pure defending ability. He can play if that's what's needed , but he can all so keep it simple and get ungly if required.

I'm not saying he is the solution, but he is a very good pure defender.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.